Chapter 5

Batwing shifted.

Grayfellow sighed. "Sorry. Just...I wanted to talk to you. Since, well, the attack's coming soon." Batwing sighed. "I mean, yeah, it's nice of you to tell me that, but...I really don't like the war. And you know that." Grayfellow nodded sadly. "I don't like it either. I had to declare war against my brother. That's going to make family reunions awkward."

Batwing snorted. Then sighed. "I have family back in the fortress. Lots of cousins. I don't want to have to fight them." "Well, you might not, what are they?" "High-ranking general is one. Another is a propagandist. Most of the rest are either soldiers or they've moved. They're big Enderstar people. So, yeah. I'm gonna fight at least a few."

Grayfellow shifted unhappily.

"Would you go back to the fortress...you know, if you could?" Batwing laughed bitterly. "Yeah. No question. Sorry, Gray, but...I really do not like Lavacrest." "Why?" "I miss my home, you know? I mean...yeah, this was cool for about a week, but then I wanted to take Bzzr and go back to our little house and cat cafe and have a lazy, peaceful life with him. Not live here and be in the thick of all these politics."

Grayfellow sighed. "Yeah, I get where you're coming from. Just curious."

Then, on a lighter note, he asked. "How is Bzzr, anyways?"

"He's actually happier. Really, he loves Lavacrest. All the plants are his favorite, and there is way less prosecution." "Makes sense for a human-blaze hybrid to like plants, I suppose. Also...can I ask how that happened?" "Well...I...never actually got the courage to ask that question. You'll have to do it yourself. And possibly risk becoming a charred crisp."

Grayfellow clapped.

"How'd you get that burn?"

"Well, Rarg..."

He went on, detailing. Finally, Batwing shook his head. "Yeah, I've seen that. Interesting. Well, you better get going."

"Why?"

"You promised to let Clyde shop for stuff with you?"

"Oh. Right. Well, bye, and good luck with the cats."

With that, he ran out.