Chapter 9

My eyes didn't open. I couldn't get them to, yet, because I'd only worsen my headache if I did. Last night had been fun. It'd been a while since I'd had a night like that, a night that I'd actually let go of everything.

I would've liked if Emma had been there, too. I hoped she'd had a great night as well and I wondered what she'd done. Being with her boyfriend, probably. Talking about things people talked about with their boyfriend.

A soft sigh escaped my lips and I turned around, my head bouncing. I groaned and then I felt someone beside me. Usually, I'd walked out on one night stands, but I'd been too tired last night and I'd fallen asleep. Plus, I'd enjoyed hanging out with Emma's friends, so maybe I'd see them again. It would just be awkward if I'd left Graham without saying a word.

It had been good with Graham, but I didn't feel the desire to do it again. Frankly, I didn't even remember exactly how we'd ended up here. After our kiss, nothing happened. We just continued dancing and drinking, until we were too tired to stand on our feet. Ruby had to lock up Granny's and Belle had made sure she got to her room safely. Meanwhile, Graham and I were left alone and that was when we'd kissed again.

That, and falling on top of Graham, was all I remembered from last night.

I opened my eyes and winced. We hadn't closed the curtains last night. For a second, I feared we hadn't used a condom. I gritted my teeth and wanted to look for evidence we had, but I didn't know where.

Graham opened his eyes as well. His eyes fell on my breast for a second, but when he looked up and saw my worried expression, his face turned concerned too.

"Hey, everything okay?" he asked. "Are you.. upset about what happened?"

"Oh, no, absolutely not. It was great," I replied. "Did we use protection?"

Graham's eyes widened and he shrugged. "I'm convinced we did, but let me check," he said and got up to look in the trash can in his bedroom. He nodded and I sighed relieved. "Yup."

"Oh, thank God," I said. I wasn't on the pill, because I hadn't expected to have a one night stand in Storybrooke. A condom was sufficient enough.

Graham sat down at the edge of his bed and rubbed his temples. "I'm not looking for anything serious," he said and I let out a relieved sigh. At least we wouldn't have troubles, letting this all be casual. He looked at me. "I did enjoy last night. Really. You're a great person and you're.. God, you're sexy."

"Thank you. You too," I said and looked at his toned arms and fit upper body. "I'm glad we're on the same page, though. I.. really liked last night with all of you, but I'm not one for casual relationships, even though I really enjoyed it last night."

Graham nodded. God, I wished all one night stands had been this easy. "Me neither. Once was good, you were exceptional, but it's enough."

"Exactly," I replied with a nod.

Graham grabbed his phone and I started dressing up. He was a nice guy, I liked nice guys. "Hey, do you want to hang out again tonight?" Graham asked and turned his head to me. "Emma feels bad for having missed most of the night. She's inviting us all to stop by at her place."

I put my hand on my pounding head. "Well, I'd love to. I'm just not drinking anymore," I said. "I'm not sure I'm invited, though. Do you think she'll be okay with me tagging along?"

"You don't need to worry about intruding so much, Regina. The first thing you said to us and the first thing you said to Emma was that you're afraid being a bother. You're not. You're a blast to hang out with, and if anyone feels that way, it's Emma. She can't shut up about you."