♥ 𝔹𝕦𝕥𝕥𝕖𝕣𝕗𝕝𝕚𝕖𝕤 🦋 𝕄𝕚𝕟𝕤𝕦𝕟𝕘 ♥

♥P♥A♥R♥T♥~♥1♥

(AN~ Minho is in 1st grade/year 2 and Jisung is in kindergarten/year 1 )

Minho sat out on the swinging chair on the porch in his backyard, feasting his eyes on the millions of flowers that filled the garden to the brim. The garden was an elegant blur of colors, the most prominent being blue and green. The garden was extensive, stretching out upon acres and acres of land — and it all belonged to Minho and his parents.

He had stolen a few sheets of printer paper from his mother, and brought out a box of 120 crayola crayons, because he's "fancy like that". He also had a random book that he had found to bear down on. Minho had been very concerned about ripping his Picasso level artwork.

He worked on a drawing of the garden piece by piece, making sure to take advantage of all his fancy colors. After Minho had decided that he should check on his progress, he held the paper up to his face, extending his arms out, sticking his tongue out as if it helped him analyze his artwork, and nodded, setting the paper back down. He put in a few more strokes with his crayon before he was content.

He jumped up from the swing, leaving his previous work of art on the swing, carrying the rest of his supplies with him. It required some effort and convincing to get the crayons to fit in their container. However, they eventually were snugly placed in the right spot.

He walked through the garden mindlessly, hugging his supplies close to his chest. Minho breathed in the rich and earthy air as he ran his fingers along some rose bushes that lined a beaten path that lead to a place that he knew well.

He soon reached that place; a large clearing, rose bushes still in some places, but there was also what he called "butterfly candies" scattered here and there. (Now, these flowers were actually called phloxes, but his name made sense as butterflies seem to enjoy this flower more than all the other herbage that was grown in the garden combined.) A small white bench was standing in the middle of the secluded and lush area, with two of the phlox bushes on each side. Butterflies gathered around them — mainly skippers of many kinds. Minho didn't mind the large amount of skippers there were, as they had to be by far his favorite butterfly. Small and almost fluffy; always letting him get really close or volunteering to land on him.

There was always one checkered skipper that Minho would swear to his parents was the same on that he would see every time he came out to his little escapism spot. His parents never believed him, of course, but the small boy seemed adamant that this was Indeed Chess. (Yes, he has named the skipper.) The skipper was fluffier than usual and had brighter markings, so he was easily distinguished. Plus, he had only just come this year, so Minho knew that it was n't  just a different butterfly; it was his  Chess. (Minho was practically in love  with Chess, if you couldn't tell just from that.)

Today, Chess greeted the small boy as usual fluttering around him happily. Minho giggled. "Hey, Chess!" He held up his hand for the skipper to land on, but only after setting down his things.

Chess flapped his spotted wings happily as a reply before fluttering down to lay his feet on the palm of Minho's hand. He slowly brought Chess closer to him, laying his index finger on the skipper's head 

Minho was about to nuzzle Chess again, when he heard rustling in the bushes. He turned around with the speed of light, causing Chess to flutter off his hand for a few seconds. "Hello?" Minho asked the air, stepping towards the place where the rustle had issued from. When he got nothing in reply, he simply shrugged, meeting eyes with Chess. "Well," he told Chess, "must've just been a silly little squirrel. Nothing to worry about!" Minho smiled and have the skipper a tender pet down his body.