𝟏𝟏

Aster stood stiffly as the old woman handled the fabric with her weathered hands, skillfully draping it over her head, making sure not to disturb the cap hiding her hair and scar underneath

Aster stood stiffly as the old woman handled the fabric with her weathered hands, skillfully draping it over her head, making sure not to disturb the cap hiding her hair and scar underneath. She can see Daphne's eyes glittering with satisfaction after getting her on board with dressing up, complete with the abaya and başörtüsü.

Daphne herself was dressed the same in a silk open-front abaya, a loose-fitting robe-like dress with long sleeves that left only their head, hands, and feet exposed, with a matching başörtüsü that the same old woman fixed just before. Only hers was a sage green while Aster's was a powder blue.

She tried not to play and twirl with the flowing skirts as the old woman fussed over the ends, settling on draping one on her shoulder and finishing it with a final tuck under her chin.

They all gathered under the awning as Aster rummaged through her pouch for the payment, glad to be hidden away from the blistering sun of a Turkish summer.

When Arcturus told her about some surprise summer plans she was not expecting this. Remembering Blaise's letter, she didn't think it'd be actually serious. Her grandfather along with her court's mothers had planned it behind their backs far before summer even began.

That was how she found herself in Arasta Bazaar, on another shopping trip just before they leave accompanied by Daphne, Theo, Blaise... and Draco.

Her grandfather being as gracious as he was knew of Narcissa's troubles and how she disapproved of her son's company. Being who they were, he knew it would be more than fine to invite them as well seeing as he wouldn't be able to come along this time as he needed to settle "business" in Paris.

In the end, Fausta, Blaise's mother, and Narcissa were left with the responsibility of chaperoning despite the children insisting they would be fine.

It was tense when they first arrived, though more on Draco's side than theirs. Her court wasn't letting a prissy blond get in the way of their vacation. He sulked and grumbled about being dragged around like a rag doll, expectedly more reserved in the presence of his mother, though it barely lasted for a day.

Taking no pause between settling into their hotel and going out onto the streets, it was more like their two chaperones were on vacation and they just happened to tag along. They walked through Istanbul instead of the usual apparition, soaking in as much sun as they can.

Aster couldn't refrain her head from swivelling around as they passed through different markets throughout the day, patterned rugs hung over stalls, intricate pottery behind glass displays, and fun, colourful trinkets strung over racks. It felt similar to when she first arrived at Diagon Alley that when they actually arrived at the local magical district she had barely noticed a difference apart from the obvious magic being performed freely.

Having foreseen it coming, Arcturus had smartly set a cap on her spending when it came to shopping for magical items, in his mind it meant lessening her hoarding of ingredients. But she wouldn't be Aster if she couldn't make the most out of anything.