Airplanes in the Night Sky like shooting stars!: Chapter 40 Saga 2

Narrator POV

A Day Later

Brimstone watched as all the agents started to board the VLT/R as they all brought weapons of all sorts. Viper was sorting through her poisons as Sage and Skye both boarded the aircraft.

Brimstone: Are we ready to depart?!

Sova: Everything is prepared and ready to leave sir!

Viper: Brimstone.

Viper walked over to Brimstone as KAY/O was carrying Raze and Killjoy in the aircraft.

Brimstone: Yes?

Viper: I think I should stay behind as well.

Brimstone: For what purpose?

Viper: You made a good point, we do not have all the information on them, so it's hard to know what will happen. It will be better to have another experienced person here so that nothing will go wrong.

Brimstone looked at her intently as she showed no emotion. Then, Brimstone was sent into a fit of hearty laughter as he moved closer to the VLT/R.

Brimstone: You worry about both of them, don't you?

Viper didn't respond, only sighed as she knew where this was going.

Viper: Of course, I do, I care... Most of the people on this team.

Brimstone: But not this much, eh Sabine?

Viper: It's different I think. I worry about what will happen when this goes wrong, if it does anyway.

Brimstone: Never thought you could worry about people before, not this much anyway.

Viper: Keep talking about It and I won't anymore.

Brimstone: What I mean is... It was different years ago, wasn't it? We never had to think about things like that, only the absolute necessities. When we started this, I never thought we'd have such a color group of characters... But here we are.

Viper: I guess there are merits to it... Although calling them just "colorful" seems like a disservice.

Viper looked back at Raze as she put a kick me sign on KAY/O as he was trying to remove it from his back. She then looked towards Reyna as she was sitting peacefully near Skye as it seemed like Skye was telling her something as she laughed it off.

Viper noticed that Reyna noticed this as they stared back at each other, for that single moment, there was something inside of Viper... She couldn't put her tongue on it. She shook the feeling away as Reyna looked away.

Viper: Then there are others...

Brimstone: I know what you are saying, but they are just as important as using them for... I wouldn't have it any other way.

Viper: I guess...No, maybe you have a point. But... I wish I could change so much sometimes.

Brimstone: You got let that stuff from the past go, Sabine. What have those things from all that time ago stuck with you all this time?

Viper: You.

Brimstone: What else?

Viper: These feelings.

Brimstone: Good, remember them, but do not let them harbor and manifest into something else. You know better than all of us that destruction is only one thing... A horrible end.

Viper: I... Know. I need to look at what I can change, not anything else..

Brimstone: Good, let's get going.