𝐯. 𝐓𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐖𝐨𝐥𝐟

Title: ???

Fandom: Teen Wolf

Book Type: Regular

Love Interest: Stiles
-
excerpt

Love Interest: Stiles-excerpt

"Lauren!"

The sound of my name being yelled causes me to jump, resulting in me banging my head against the bookshelf I was curled up against. I cursed silently to myself as the bookshelf began to sway slightly, almost threatening to fall. The sudden movement caused a couple of books to come from falling out of place, and I knew that I would have to pick them up.

"Fuck me," I whined, rubbing my head. Pushing my glasses up on my face, I looked around to see if anyone noticed the big ass mess I just made, and sure enough there he was at the end of the aisle staring at me. Not a subtle glance, or just from the corner of his eye, this man was just staring at me as if I owed him something.

He smiles at me, and that was when I noticed it. The burns. Crawling up his neck and covering a good portion of his face. Not wanting to seem rude by staring, I turn around and begin putting the books back where they belong.

"Lauren!" Sylvie, my boss, calls out again, so I stop what I'm doing and make my way into her small office, where she seems to be doing something on her computer.

Sylvie, my boss, rises out of her chair when she sees and hands me a pair of keys. "Hey honey, do you mind closing up tonight? My grandson is staying with me for the weekend and he isn't feeling too well?"

"It's no problem, Sylvie," but I couldn't shake the unease that settled in the pit of my stomach. "There's only one guy out there, I'll lock up when he leaves."

Sylvie walks to the door, taking a peek at the man that was still browsing through our small collection.

"Okay, well when he leaves you close up not a minute after," the elderly woman said, before turning to face me.

"And if he gives you any problems, you know where I keep the mace."

"Sylvie, I'll be fine, get out of here and go see your grandson."

"You sure?" This was one of the reasons I loved Sylvie. She was genuine, and it's not very often you get the chance to have someone like that in your everyday life. And for that, I am forever grateful.

"Yes, I am sure," but the feeling in my stomach made me want to kick and scream for Sylvie to stay with me.

"Go," I said, gently nudging her out of the office. "Go be with your grandson, I'll be fine Sylvie."

Sylvie sighs, almost reluctant to leave me alone, which is weird because I've closed before. So why would this time be any different?

"Okay, okay, I'm going, but call when you get home."