Three

I plunged into an ocean of darkness, falling deeper and deeper into the realm of my memories.

As I drifted downwards into the abyss of the back of my brain , lights would begin to float around me.

  It was like I was suspended in a galaxy, though each star was a memory, and the universe was my entire mind.

  My hand reached out slowly to a star close to me. And as I touched it, I was pulled into a memory.

   I blinked and I was in a house. My house. My living room to be exact. I looked around and saw my entire family, including myself sitting on the couch. Wait... this seemed familiar. I glanced to the TV, seeing the same scene with the reporter.
  I watched closely, this memory didn't seem to be tampered with yet.

  I continued watching. I watched as the past me ran out of my house and saw the old man who was dead.

  Though something about this was different. The dead old man had a bullet hole where his heart was. That wasn't there before. And instead of the Keepers spotting me, I ran away unseen.

  I ran not to my house, but the kitchen in the lunch hall. It seems I was on the verge of a panic attack. I hid in the pantry. I watched the younger me all curled up in a ball on the floor, breathing heavily, when he— as in I— noticed something.

"What's this...?" I whispered between sobs, seeing the loose floor tile under the shelf.
I pulled myself underneath and slid the tile, looking into the dark void below.
I couldn't see anything so I leaned forward, which unfortunately caused me to fall into the hole in the floor.

"AGH-" I groaned as I hit the floor with mostly my face.
I rolled over onto my back and looked up at the place where I had fallen from.

"Wh...?" I sat up slowly rubbing my head as I looked around.

"How did you find this place." An unfamiliar voice spoke.

My head felt all fuzzy from falling so I didn't really know how to react to the voice.

  A young man with tan skin, and long messy black hair that was pulled into a braid walked out. His eyes were a piercing blue, nearly glowing in the dark. His clothes were oddly familiar yet tattered slightly, then I recognized them. He wore the clothes of a Keeper.

I didn't answer his first question, instead I would just lay there on the floor in fear, my eyes were wide in panic, mostly from seeing a dead person earlier.

"... hey... it's alright- I'm not gonna hurt you." He looked confused as to why I was terrified, yet kneeled down to supposedly comfort me.

"I-... A...." I couldn't get any words out, I looked at his clothes and he seemed to understand.

"Don't worry I'm not one of them." He spoke.

His voice sounded like it was usually cold, yet he tried to make it softer.

"them?" I repeated, tilting my head.

"Look kid. What do you want?" He asked, looking at me with a slightly intimidating gaze.

"I just.... Uh..." I looked up at the hole.

"How did you find this place." He glanced up at the hole then to me.

"Fell." I said simply.

"Fell?" He raised one eyebrow.

"Mhm fell." I said simply, blinking at him.

" ok then... what's your name?" He asked me.

"Finlay Amery." I responded simply, "and you?"

"043." He said simply.