Friendly Competition

Pin's POV:

"U-umm," I break the silence between Coiny and I as we look away from the commotion by the stairs. "Are you okay, Coiny?" I ask with a tinge of concern lacing my voice while placing a hand on his shoulder reassuringly. He sighs, nodding with an annoyed roll of his eyes in Announcer and Woody's direction.
"Yeah, I'm okay," my best friend looks over at me and his face softens into a little smile. I gently squeeze his bare shoulder and chuckle before lowering my hand back down to my side. What a cutie.
"YO!" I turn around to see Firey standing on the edge of the diving board, cupping his hands by his face. "Leafy has something to say!" the flaming boy drops his hands and clenches them as he looks over the now quiet room, save for the echo of his voice and the wavy water splashing against the pool's edges. Walking back to the pool deck with an accomplished expression, Leafy takes his place on the diving board excitedly.
"Thank you," she flashes Firey a bright smile, who gives her a double thumbs-up in return, before staring out at the paused crowd of swimmers. "Firey and I are going to try and win everyone a prize from the arcade," my green-haired friend is interrupted by a few cheers, but it only makes her happier. Laughing, she waits a few seconds until the crowd of about fifteen students in total calms down again. "So we were wondering what kinds of prizes you all would like." I glance over at Coiny and meet his blue eyes with a shrug as others murmur around us.
"Oh!" I hear Blocky shout and look over my shoulder to see him on top of Liy's shoulders. Next to them are Ruby and Flower, with the latter on top of Ruby's shoulders.
"How about a rubber duck-"
"A rubber duck!"
Both the red-haired boy and Flower shout at the same time before high-fouring since Four was watching from the balcony. Quirking a brow at the two, the silent pool starts gradually chanting.
"Rubber ducks."
"Rubber ducks! Rubber ducks!"
"Rubber ducks!" I hear Coiny shout from beside me and see him pumping a fist in the air. Giggling to myself due to the fact that he already got one, I join in with a grin. Snickering, the strawberry blond wraps an arm around my shoulder and I do the same with a warm face, throwing our free fists in the air as everyone around us shouts for that arcade prize.

SCREEEEE

I quickly let go of Coiny to cover my ears disturbed. Luckily, Pillow ran over and clamped a hand harshly over Four's mouth as Announcer stood up, hands raised in surrender. "I need a break, I'll be back in thirty minutes," he threw on a jacket from inside his bag and left seconds later.
"Get off!" Four's yell was muffled by Pillow's hand as she shook her head angrily.
"I heard screeching-" X shoved open the pool door before gasping and rushing over to the two. "Let go of Four!" they shouted before being juked by Pillow and falling into the pool next to a shaking Woody. Whistling lowly, Firey took Leafy by the hand and left as soon as they could, Pillow sneered at the chaos and took the chance to run.
Between giggles, Pillow yells, "You'll never take me alive!" As the door shuts behind her, groups of students begin to leave, some laughing at Four and X, while others were annoyed they couldn't swim until Announcer returned. I suddenly feel a gentle tug on my hand and look over to Coiny with a curious expression. Smiling at me, he juts a thumb over his shoulder at the mostly deserted balcony.
"Wanna verse me in foosball?"
"Yeah, let's do it!" I grinned back at him. Swimming over toward the nearest ladder, I climb out and start making my way over to the pool chair with my belongings while wringing out my hair. As I pick up my towel, I see Coiny a few chairs down from the corner of my eye. Tying the fabric around my waist, I slip my shoes on while turning my head in the strawberry blond's direction, only to see him already blinking at me. Cracking a small, slightly caught off guard smile, he quickly yanks his towel up from the pool chair's back and slips his black slides on.

Wack

Wack wack

"Yes!" Coiny excitedly fist pumps the air with a large grin and I pout. The score was eight to eight, but now he was one step closer to winning. Book gives me a thumbs up as her and Pillow leave the later's hiding spot after finishing a game of Texas Hold'em. Only Pencil, Match, and a few others lingered around the balcony now, probably just waiting around until they could go back in the pool below. Picking up the foosball from my side's slot, I let it fall onto the playfield while determiningly flipping the bright red soccer players around.
"So," my best friend starts up happily while whacking the ball closer to my goal. Ricashaying it off the wall, I end up pushing the ball across the field. Hyperly trying to hit it back and away from his goal, Coiny accidentally scores on himself with a 'Nooooo!'
"So?" I ask with a smug smile, flicking my score piece so that the game was now tied nine to nine.
He sighs before grinning back with a very eager expression. "How are your parents?" the strawberry blond places the ball onto the playingfield, smacking it onto my side of the field and nudging it closer to my goal with a chuckle. "Do they still miss you like crazy?"
Blocking my goal slot as much as I could, I use the players closest to the ball to get it away, but Coiny only blocks it and he gets even closer to scoring on me again.
I nod my head, "They probably do, but at least they have each other until I come home." Just like how I have him to keep me company... Flipping a player around backwards, I manage to move the ball into the middle with an accomplished huff out my nose as I smile to myself.
"Aww, that's good," Coiny grabs the two closest sticks of people and flicks them, unable to reach the ball right by one of my soccer player's feet.
"How has Nickel been?" I narrow my eyes in concentration before knocking the ball back towards my own goal. As he goes to move his electric blue players away from his slot in an attempt to score on me, I already have my hand on my row's players and hit the ball straight into the goal. Looking up from the game and laughing at his shocked expression while flicking the last piece across the score board, he resets the game for whoever plans on playing next and shrugs.
"I bet he's fine, probably just hanging out with his new clique," he says with a gentle grin. "Good game by the way." Coming around the other end of the table, I give him a bright smile.
"Yeah, good game, Coiny," we go to shake hands dramatically at the same time and laugh for a moment. I peak over at the wall clock and notice that it's been more than a half hour, giving the strawberry blond a confused glance. "Do you think Announcer's coming back?"
"It doesn't seem like it," Coiny adjusts the towel over his bare shoulder with an eye roll. "At this point, we should just come back tomorrow, if you want?" he ends the sentence with a question instead, his eyes looking up at mine with interest in what I have to say, making me feel a light fluttering in my stomach.
I nod with a soft smile, "If there's nothing else to do, then sure." Arms feeling a little cold, I take the towel off my waist and wrap in around my back and shoulders. "I know it's a little early, but do you want me to walk you back to your room?" I ask while a warmth spreads across my face when I notice his hair drying at odd angles. I hope he didn't think his bedhead looked bad this morning, my smiles grows a little at the earlier memory. It was almost as endearing as it is now. When I snap out of my daze, I notice Coiny offering me a hand with a slightly flushed face.
"Sure, Pin." I gingerly take his hand and giggle quietly out of joy as we start walking back down the stairs towards the pool's exit. Yeah, I look to the side while Coiny softly runs a thumb over my knuckles and I feel my blush deepening. I'm falling for him...