SEVEN

I hum as I check the mailbox after taking Blueberry for his morning stroll. Flipping through the mail, I notice a few addressed to Layne.

I exhale sharply in surprise, my gaze falling to Blueberry as I joke, do we know a Layne Staley? I tease.

Blueberry responds with an excited bark and sticks his tongue out. Giggling, I unlock the front door and settle Blueberry inside before changing into something more....presentable.

Cute?

Cute?

With Layne's letters in my hands, I lock my front door before crossing the street to his place.

"Alright, calm down, girl," I tell myself as I knock on his door, feeling too excited.

When he opened the door, my eyes were immediately drawn to his bare chest and the dark hair trail leading down to his boxers.

Trying to keep my composure, I thrust his mail towards him, averting my gaze from his enticing body. "Hi...uh, we got some of your mail."

Layne flashes me a dazzling smile as he takes the letters from me. "Oh-oh, thank you."

I couldn't resist stealing glances at him as he read through his mail." Did I uh- did I wake you?" I ask him as he scans his mail.

Layne looks down at me with amusement dancing in his eyes. "Oh no, I was up for a while." I nod, hesitating when to leave. Though, I could watch him read his mail all day. "Are you hungry?" He then asks. "I was about to cook some breakfast."

"Depends," I smile, rocking my heels back and forth. 

"Didn't know you were picky," he laughs as he steps aside for me to come in. "I'm craving bacon."

"I'm vegetarian," I tell him, my shoulder brushing against his chest as I walk inside.

A surprised expression spreads across Layne's face before he replies: "Really?" He slowly closes his front door, taken aback by my "known" confession.

"Mmh-hmm," I nod.

"How come I didn't know that?"

"I don't know," I shrug, laughing. Well, maybe if you asked me out, you would know, is what I really wanted to say.

Layne made a face, pondering this for a few seconds before speaking again. "Is it alright if I eat bacon?"

"Of course," I giggle.

Layne smiles in relief. Then, "I can make you some eggs?" he offers kindly.

"With lots of Black pepper."

"Ew," Layne laughs.

"Drowned in ketchup," I add.

"You should stop now before I get you arrested," he jokes playfully as he strolls into his kitchen with a smirk playing on his lips. I stay in the living room, laughing softly at our banter while admiring his physique one last time before he disappeared from view. "So, how long have you been a vegetarian?" I then hear him ask me.