Along with the Dragons

Three seconds. One second until the alarm is set off, two seconds until the doors shut, and the operation is a bust.

I let an arrow loose in the first guard's neck before running up to his partner and kicking off him before firing an arrow in his chest.

As I expected, the alarm went off, but it was already too late as I slipped through the door. It shut behind me, and I continued through the facility.

Me: I'm in; I'm making my way through the facility now.

I could hear whooping in the background through my earpiece.

Sibyl: Hell yeah, Y/n! Remember, you only have-

Me: Five minutes, I know. Two minutes to get through the facility, two minutes to get into the system, and one minute to escape.

I continued running through the building; even with my immense weight, I was still unnoticeable.

I ran up behind a guard standing by the door to the server room and put him in a choke hold, keeping him held down as I shot an arrow at his partner's stomach, before flipping him over, using him to separate my bow into swords, slashing at him, and connecting my bow once more.

I entered the server room and plugged a USB into the nearest computer.

Me: Sibyl, you should be connected; the clock's ticking.

Sibyl: On it, stick by the computer; you'll need to take the USB back to the base with you.

It was a few minutes later that I heard chatter from outside the room.

Me: Any day now, Sibyl; they're onto me!

Sibyl: Alright, I'm done. Take the USB!

Me: What do I do with the rest of the room?

Sibyl: Destroy it; we have what we need!

I switched my quiver to fire dust and shot multiple arrows at the nearby sprinklers, setting the water off. The water immediately got to work destroying the servers, while the guards finally broke into the room.

I gave them a two-finger salute before I shot an ice arrow into the wall and jumped through the now-weakened material.

I began scaling the building next to the facility and making my way back to base.

I circled around the city twice to make sure I wasn't followed before slipping into the base.

Everyone was waiting for me to get back and gave me a round of applause as I walked through.

I entered Sibyl's office and threw her the USB.

Me: What exactly were you having me fetch for you? The briefing wasn't exactly informative.

Sibyl: The schedule for every dust delivery set to arrive at the docks for the next month.

Me: Are we watching or stealing?

Sibyl: A little bit of both. We have reason to believe that the White Fang is looking to rob one of those freighters. We'll do what we always do. Take enough for us to go unnoticed and prevent the White Fang from attacking. Call it a little bit of an investment.

Me: Those Schnee bastards are lucky that there's a conflict of interest with these freighters. You know we could just pull an "If I can't have it, nobody can."

Sibyl: What, do you mean by destroying the freighters? That would put us on the map. It's too dangerous.

Me: We'll have to reveal ourselves eventually. We can't keep hiding forever. We could always make it look like an accident in the engines. Hell, send me in with a bag of quick-set cement or thermite and I'll do the damn job! We keep getting these victories and then setting ourselves back. We've been taking one step forward and two steps backward for months!

Sibyl: If we reveal ourselves now, we'll die!

Me: We have over a hundred highly trained mercenaries!

Sibyl: We've made enemies out of every corporation and terrorist cell in existence! We have to grow before we can start doing big jobs!

Me: We won't be able to grow without doing big jobs!

I stormed toward the door, saying my last words as I left.

Me: We've been going in circles for months; I'm not the only one getting impatient. Call me again when you need me for an assignment.

I slammed the door shut and began my trek back outside. The hall was silent; everyone heard me and Sibyl arguing. It's not like it's the first time we've fought. I love that girl like she's my own sister, and we're constantly pushing each other to be better, but that unfortunately means that we argue very frequently.

I left the base for the night and began to roam the city once more. I like to keep an eye on the city because the police don't do a good enough job.

As I was doing my patrol, I came across a fight that had broken out between a huntress and someone in a bullhead. There was also a girl next to the huntress.

I watched for a moment before the bullhead began to bug out. Thinking quickly, I extended my bow to its great bow form and drew back a lightning arrow the size of a spear.

It streaked through the sky and pierced the bullhead's engine dead on, sending an electric shock pulsing through the engine and causing it to crash into the ground about a hundred feet away.

The huntress trapped the girl in a purple bubble and looked up at the building I was standing on; my hood obscured my face, and my poncho covered most of the identifying features of my body, such as my scales, legs, and tail.

I am more dragon than human; my legs and parts of my arms are covered in scales, and my feet are dragon feet. I also have a very long tail, which my poncho helps cover up.

I'm also not really able to wear shoes, given that my feet are draconic, so there's also that.

Before the huntress could react to my presence and, in turn, trap me as well, I turned and ran off from the scene.

Even if I had been caught, I would have easily been able to escape. That bubble is likely dependent on the strength of the person who cast it, meaning that she wouldn't hold me for long, and if that wasn't the case, I could just fire an arrow into it. A sharp projectile traveling at breakneck speed would be able to pop that bubble and set me free.

Either way, it goes in my favor.

I continued my patrol for the next few hours before returning to base, finally over my argument with Sibyl.

By now everyone was in bed, so I quietly removed my poncho and placed my bow beside my bed.

Sleep came to me rather quickly after the night I just had. Pulling off a mission and patrolling the city is a very taxing task.