🎀Camila🎀

Camilas pov:

"Wow.... I like your outfit uhmm I'll go tell Dinah your here" Lauren says before she goes to tell Dinah.

"Thanks and she's gone... Welp time I head inside" I go inside to the familiar place, me Dinah and mani all regularly stay at for sleepovers. Thinking about it, I should suggest Dinah to invite Lauren for our usual sleepover.
That is, when I get over the awkward moment we had earlier

Going outside, I spot Dinah rushing towards me yelling
"YOOO CHANCHOO, Y U SO LATE GIRL?"
"I already told you why, I fell asleep, you know sleepy me" I push my shoulder up in a, 'you know" way and Dinah takes the excuse.

"Well that's fine, the cookout doesn't end till probably 11, unless you wanna leave early... Lauren" Dinah says glancing for a few seconds to Lauren while saying the last part.
It looked like Lauren was a little bit in her own world and hearing her name brought her back.

--

The cookout goes on so it's about 10:40 something and while everyone is already tired and inside, me and Lauren have been talking outside for a while now.
Once I explained my earlier awkward moment in the parking lot of course.

I've come to realize Lauren is a pretty cool girl. I mean, she already looked cool but almost everything she mentioned about herself was very meaningful.
I could sense that shes the type of person who doesn't talk facts about something unless she's sure of it.
I admire that since it's very rare to find that within a person.

"I mean, I'm not the best of looks around these parts" I say in the form of a joke to Lauren. Since I'm not really anyone's type in school, I never had any relationships, nor my first kiss.
Going back,
"Really? How come?" Lauren asks.

"I don't know. I mean everyone has a type, but I guess I'm not anyones since no one's been interested in me"
"Your my type" Lauren blurts out while shes points at me
"I mean, I have a girlfriend but if I didn't, I would like you" Lauren said quickly says while rubbing the back of her neck with her hand.

"Oh, uhm... You mean that?" I ask since I'm a little surprised that she said that.
No one's ever said anything about me that made me feel pretty so this felt awkward to know.

"Yeah, I would. um, this is awkward now so, sorry I guess." Lauren checks the time on her phone while stepping away from me and says, "wow, it's already going to be 11. I have to go, curfew calls." Lauren says while pointing her thumb behind her back.

"It was nice getting to know you though. Maybe we could do something with all the girls sometime again?" Lauren asks giving me the opportunity to ask her about the sleepover

"I mean, Dinah, Mani and me all have sleepovers sometimes on the weekends.
If we have one this week, do you want to come with us?" I say hoping Lauren will say yes.

"That would be awesome! Just text me where and what time so I'll know what to bring."
Lauren goes to hug me bye and I hug her back, smelling her perfume alot when I do.

She waves me goodbye while walking away to her car parked. Already in her car, I realize I don't have her number.
I try to go after her but I stop when I can just get her number from Dinah.
I face palm internally but wave once again bye to Lauren while shes already reversing her car.
I see her drive off and I go inside the house to meet Dinah and Mani giving me sneaky eyes while wiggling their eyebrows.

"What's up with y'all faces?" I ask both of them since it looks like theyve been possessed by a clever spirit or something.

"Oh nothing, it just seems that you and Lauren got along very well. I mean y'all hugged and that's like, phase 3 of friendship while we're still on phase 1 with her" Normani said while looking away from me showing discretion when her eyes go back to me.

"What do you mean phase 1 and phase 3? You guys, we just simply hugged, it didn't mean anything to her. She mentioned she had a girlfriend so I'm pretty sure I'm off the list" I say showing some of my feelings for Lauren once I heard it out

*Ah shit, I hope they don't catch on to that*

"Wait chancho, repeat that again" Dinah said while sarcastically putting a hand to her ear and waving her other for me to lean in.

Rolling my eyes, "repeat what?" I ask. Not getting what Dinah is trying to make me talk about.

"I said repent that again!" Dinah goes with a sarcastic frown along with it
"Repeat what!?" I tell D while throwing my hands forward as in a way to say 'I don't get her'

Giving me a :/ face, she continues,
"You said that your off the list, Is what I'm saying. All you said was about Lauren feelings about you but you didn't say anything about yours. Nothing like, 'oh and I'm also not into her's"

Dinah ends her her sentence with finger quotations and stops to look at me and my reaction

*Well, they caught on there, good going Camila*

"I honestly don't know what your talking about. I'm not ready for a relationship, I mean, I would like to be best friends with Lauren but that's it"
I go to check my phone and see the time is already 11 ish.
"Anyways, I think I'm going home, I'm honestly tired and I haven't done my homework. And you know how I am about late work" I point to both Dinah and Mani and they nod to let me leave.

Of course not after lastly interrogating me

"Well, if Lauren and her girlfriend ever did break up, I would ship you guys a lot" Dinah says before going to hug me bye
"True that" Mani follows up, also going to hug me after Dinah.

Sighing I told them, "well, if that does happen, I won't do anything to Lauren, like how you both are thinking about right now"

Waving them bye again, I drove back to my house and got done on my homework.
Going to bed, I think about my feelings for Lauren that i don't want to get attached to.
This happens with crushes for me and they don't really go well.

Going to bed, I try to ward off any thoughts about Lauren, but that's no use since it doesn't really work.

--

Weeks have passed and the trio has formed into a group now that Laurens been coming to sit with us more often.
She says, "it's a little bit of a breather over here since all they talk about is drama and the school" she follows up by
"Good to know there's people who don't only talk about that"

I mean it's true, all of us don't talk about drama since we're only caught up in each others days.
But in the sleepovers though, that's a different story.
Last one we had, we invited Lauren after Dinah gave me her number but not before another assumption with wiggly eyebrows.
Anyways, we talked so much about everything and everyone, its unbelievable to know how much we talked about that.

Since the group has been hanging out more and more,

Lauren and I have gotten close, unfortunate to me. We're now considered best friends even if she goes to the pops group once in a while.
Although I've been feeling a crush coming in for Lauren, I push it down because she has a girlfriend.
That was until Lauren mentioned her and her girlfriend, Lucy, are having a bit of relationship problems due to long distance.

Now I feel awkward to be with Lauren since I'm starting to like her.

I'll just have to see where this goes, hopefully not into something bad.

//

OMG, Ill try to keep updating y'all, I'm sorry.
Btw, if someone wants to help me in pointing out my typos, that would mean so much, thank you. Just don't do it harshly 😭

I'ma try to speed this up cuz I'm horrible at speeding things up.
But uhm, I'ma start to try to get into juicer stuff.

Anywho,  Thank you for voting and commenting sometimes :) means a lot <333

I love you guyss, byeee :))