A beautiful gift :- 'Dahej'

• Do you know what is dowry or dahej system?

In India, it doesn't matter what's the religion. But girl's father have to give all demanded things to his son-in-law in the name of marraige. 'Dahej' includes son-in-law's desired car, no matter what price it is, his demanded bike, refrigerator, utensils, kitchen appliances, clothes, jwellery, other things, cash and in some cases property too.

Cash which is asked is not a small amount. It's big, I am not telling everyone does, but about 90% of Indian marraiges held only when dowry is given.

That's sad.

It's alright and legal unless and until the father wants to give all these things with his and his daughter's own will.

But, in most cases demand is done by boy's side; if father is incapable to give all these things then groom's side have alrighs to enclose and call of the wedding.

If marraige is already been held, dahej is already been given, still some evil people demands more. If there demanded things are not provided by bride's people then, in laws will harass the girl, they'll lock her, choke her, they'll beat her, they'll treat her like trash and in last they kill her.

If not really, then the girl will kill her by herself, but still it's not a suicide it's a murder, done by demons and ugly thoughts of our society.

Giving high quality and demanded 'dahej' is the main reason of girl child's murders in there mother's womb. And we're always burden to our parents.

We girls are taunted every moment.

Because we're girls.

So, matter of discussing about this topic with you is, this happened in front of you? Because it happened in front of me. And if you didn't saw, then you can take newspaper, randomly of any date, I am 100% sure, you'll get atleast one news talking about 'dahej and dowry'.

Let's elaborate it more, further in my next chapter, with some story.- Or with a true one.