ARCADE | KENMA

KENMA KOZUME X FEM!READER | FLUFF

"where the fuck's kenma at?" yamamoto asks his captain once he exist the 8 eleven with a popsicle in his mouth. "as if i'd know," kuroo mumbles. "but he left his psp here, so he won't be gone for long."

he couldn't have been more wrong.

kenma kozume sits alone at a halo console, in the middle of an untenanted arcade. he has a pot of coins next to him, and his eyes are glued to the supernatural beasts he shoots with a plastic gun. the arcade had just opened up in south akihabara, and he had been one of the first customers since their opening.

he's been at the game for half an hour now, continuing to constantly press ¥100 coins into the machine. his tongue sticks out a little as he reaches over with one hand to sip at his blueberry slushy, cringing slightly as his head feels the freeze.

he's so immersed in this game, that he doesn't hear a sigh, and a harsh "fuck it." as you sit yourself down in the pod next to him. he jumps at the sudden intrusion. "uh-m.. can i help you?" "you've been playing for forty minutes. i want to as well." you press a coin into the machine and take ahold of the second gun.

"are you good?" he asks quietly as he sips at his slushy during the preview. "as good as it gets." you bare your teeth at him as the fifteenth level begins. you both silently sit next to one another, silently communicating to look after your assigned sides of the screen. "watch your support." he mumbles, and you reply with a soft 'thank you'.

"base to center." you call, pressing his reload button for him as he hadn't been paying attention to it. "fuck, i'm dead," you whisper under your breath, immediately inserting another coin.

...

"so, what's nekoma's official setter doing skipping practice?"

kenma pauses, cursing as he's killed in that split second. "huh?" "well, you're kozume, aren't you?" you laugh slightly as you hand him a coin. "uh.. yeah. kenma's fine, by the way.. how do you know me..?"

"fukunaga's my twin brother." kenma nods a little. "you never answered my question, though." "i could ask you the same thing, actually." you laugh. "i don't do any clubs, so i'm free after three."

"shit i'm out of coins." kenma slumps back into the plastic chair. you pay no mind, tossing a coin into his side of the machine. "we'll get so many tickets if we beat the whole thing, c'mon." kenma nods, determined.

and so, this process continues for the next forty minutes. there's some light conversation, but nothing too strenuous, you just enjoy each other's company as gamers. "we're out of coins." kenma mumbles when he dies at the last level. "it's fine.. i think." you look at your health, seeing it at half. "it should be enough to finish if you get the regen potion on my body." he points towards his in game corpse.

"mhm." you whisper, throwing a grenade. "nice." kenma complements, subconsciously beginning to massage your shoulders. but once he realises, he awkwardly retracts his hands with a blush tinting his cheeks. "nah keep going.." you mumble to him, eyes still glued to the screen. his hands hesitantly touch your shoulders again, kneading the skin gently.

"fuck, that was my kill! i'm feeding now." groan, throwing the last grenade you have. "go, go, go, go." kenma whispers, if anything, more excited than you are. your leg bounces up and down nervously, and you let out a cheer when the 'game completed' screen pops up.

"nice job." kenma smiles softly, giving you a high five. "well would you look at that." you smirk, seeing the never-ending pile of tickets dumped on the floor.

you both stretch your stiff legs and walk together to the front counter. you both purchase a black infinite halo hoodie with the points you collected. "these hoodies were definitely made for grown middle aged men." you mumble, drowning in the sleeves and the end running to your mid thighs, while kenma's stops at his waist. "is that targeted towards me?" kenma scoffs playfully, holding open the exit door for you. "you said it, not me." you raise your hands.

"yeah yeah," kenma checks his phone. "damn, the captain's definitely got it out for me." he groans at his overflowing notification box. "i'll tell shohei to take it easy on you. i'm sure they'll understand if you tell them you made a friend."

"friend?" kenma looks up from his phone. "yeah, friend." you smile. "later, kodzuken." you pat him on the back, jumping on the bus. his eyes widen. "how did you-"

;

"morning, shohei." you greet your brother as you walk into the gym. "you forgot your bento." "thank you, y/n," the brunette ruffles your hair. "new hoodie?" "yeah. i got it yesterday." your eyes scan the volleyball, landing on a specific pudding head who's amber eyes are deeply focused on his psp.

"kenma!" you jog over to him, sitting down next to him on the bench. "morning.." you coo, leaning over his shoulder to watch his screen. "morning fukunaga." he murmurs, sighing once he dies again. "what's with the honourifics," you flick him, taking his psp from his hands. "y/n is fine."

you take over the level, running around and dodging the attacks. "how'd you get this game so soon? it's so expensive." you whisper. "i see you like the hoodie you got." you raise your brows at the hoodie he sports over his practice uniform. "yeah." he nods, sticking his hands into the pockets. "it's comfy."

"is, isn't it." you hand him back his console, the words 'level completed' on the screen. "same place, same time?" you stand up, slinging your bag over your shoulder. "sounds good." kenma smiles softly, waving goodbye as you exit the gym. and once you leave, it's dead silent.

all of his teammates stare at him. some with shock, other's with jealousy, and some with teasing smirks on their faces. "you didn't tell me you had a girlfriend." kuroo purrs as he slaps kenma on the back. "ow- she's not my girlfriend. i met her yesterday."

"that's what they all say." lev muses, patting him on the shoulder. "my boy's all grown up." yaku drops to the floor with tears in his eyes. "that's not fair! she's in my class! i should get to wear matching hoodies with her!" yamamoto whines, being held back by a tired kai. fukunaga just sits on the floor with a bottle of water, paying no mind to the commotion.

"all of you, shut up! extra laps! including you kenma!"

"i didn't even do anything.."