Chapter 2

Disclaimer: Due to some errors from the last chapter this one will try to fix some of them while the story progress, also, keeps in mind that this is a crossover story between two universes with different world-building when it comes to magic so changes are inevitable.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Third Person POV

Harrenhal – 281 AC

It was dinner time, while the dishes are being served Merlin takes a look at all the new faces, the first is a young boy with silver hair and amethyst eyes like all the Targaryens, Rhaegar told him that was his younger brother Viserys Targaryen, the mage wonders why the kid was staring daggers at him, but if the rumors he heard from the gossips the maids in the castle always do are true, then the young prince is on his way into becoming his father, whom Merlin was glad for still not having joined them for dinner.

'I have nothing to do with it.'. The mage chuckles inside his mind.

Merlin wonders for a long moment how come the Targaryens succeeded in not falling to deformity after over three hundred years of inbreeding, the best explanation he could manage to find is that the magic in their blood is preventing it from happening, despite their lack of knowledge in how to use what magic they have.

Merlin looked at the Kingsguard, Jaime Lannister was now in his own golden armor, had he let his golden hair grow any longer Merlin would've thought he was wearing a helmet, the wizard gives a small chuckle inside his mind at his own joke. Merlin then takes a look at the other members of the kingsguard, Lewyn Martell stood out the most of all the others Merlin still hasn't met, he is the uncle of Rhaegar's wife Ellia, and prince Oberyn Martell, the other two were Jonothor Darry and Harlan Grandison. They all look like good men and decent swordsmen by Westeros' standards. The wizard still couldn't believe how easily they all fall for that obvious lie that he wasn't a swordsman, of course, his magic and his way of always referring to himself as a mage helped, but it was in a certain way frustrating for them to fall so easily.

'Heck I was Artoria's swordsmanship mentor.'. He tells himself in his mind and then his eyes widen when he realizes he called Arthur; Artoria.

Merlin gives a sigh while massaging his temples due to another migraine, his memories were still a mess after making his wish for the holy grail, he's having memories that felt completely foreign sometimes, one of them was about a golden dragon, and another memory was of Galahad, whom Merlin was seeing as the illegitimate son of Lancelot for some reason, although that couldn't be farther from the truth as he remembers Lancelot marrying Elaine of Corbenic, after all, he was the one who was in charge of arranging the flowers for their wedding.

"Something wrong sweetie?". Rhaella says, putting her hands on Merlin's shoulder and showing worry in her eyes.

"I'm okay Rhaella.". Merlin says, his headache now gone, allowing him to smile again and look the queen in the eyes. "Thank you.".

"Who is this peasant?". All heads turn to the voice and see that it was Viserys who had spoken, arms crossing and cheeks pouting. "Why is he dining with dragons? He is not a dragon!".

'Ah, the arrogant royal brat, I remember when Arthur and Morgana were like this, now that I think about it, Morgana still was the last time I saw her.'. Merlin closes his eyes and chuckles at the memories but forgets to do it inside his head and when he opens them again, he sees all eyes on him. "Sorry, just remembering moments I guard with fondness in my heart.".

"They must be very precious memories, right?". Rhaegar asks with honest curiosity in his eyes.

"Aye.". Merlin says. The word was still strange for him, he can't stop asking himself why they don't say words such as; yes, or yeah. 'Okay I might've invented the last one back in Camelot, but it sounds cooler than; yes, aye, and affirmative. It's definitely better than; roger, I can't believe that narcissist managed to convince everyone that his name also means yes and had everyone saying it to appease his ego.'.