Chapter 51

"Yeah, I'm surprised Courtney even let you come," Krist says to Kurt jokingly, but we all know that a prt of him isn't joking. 

Kurt rolls his eyes. "Can you shut the fuck up?" He walks into my kitchen and grabs a slice of pizza. I know that he hates when people perceive Courtney as controlling or manipulative. He truly does love her. I mean, I would hate it if people said shit like that about Cash all the time. 

Krist, Dave, and Kurt came over to my apartment to have a little alone time from their band and everything-to take a little break. It feels like old times at Krist's and Shelli's house when we would all just hang out there. 

"How's Frances been?" I ask Kurt, attempting to take his mind off of what Krist said. 

His whole face lights up. "She's so amazing. She and Courtney are having a little mother-daughter time right now, but I still miss her. I hate that I'm doing this-the band-so much because I feel like I don't get to see my daughter enough. But God, she's just perfect. Have you seen how tiny she is?"

I nod my head. "Yeah, I have. She looks so sweet."

"She is," He smiles just thinking about her. 

I remember when he used to do that with me. 

I wipe the thought from my head. I shouldn't be thinking about those things; I'm in a relationship. 

"Who wants a drink?" Krist holds up a beer in the air. 

Kurt and Dave both walk over to Krist, so he hands them both one. My mind transports to their release party of Nevermind and how they all got so wasted that Shelli and I had to drag them home. 

Krist wanders over to my wall where I have a picture of me and him hanging up-the one that Shelli took of us laughing. "I'm going to need a copy of this."

"Yeah, it's a really good picture," I say. 

He walks back over to us. "I miss this."

"Miss what?" Dave asks. 

"All of us hanging out together."

"I was literally just thinking the same thing," I chuckle at him. 

"Great minds think alike," He takes another sip of the drink as soon as there's a knock on the door. 

I instinctively walk over to it and open the door to find my dad standing in front of me. I gasp as I remember why he's here. "Shit, I'm so sorry! Fucking hell!"

His face falls as he sees everyone behind me. "Oh, you forgot?"

"I'm so sorry," I want to cry. He's done nothing but been there by my side for the past couple of months and this is how I repay him? By forgetting that we had plans tonight?

"Oh, that's fine," He says softly, clearly upset that his own daughter forgot that they were supposed to go out to dinner. "Um, we can just plan a different day."

"Who is that?" Krist calls out. He always wants to know who I'm talking to just to be safe. 

"It's my dad," I reply. 

"Oh. What's he doing here?"

I turn around to face him. "We were supposed to hang out, but me being the fucking terrible bitch that I am, I forgot about it."

"I'll just come back tomorrow or something," My dad says and gets ready to leave. 

"Have him hang out with us!" Krist comes up with that idea, but Kurt furrows his eyebrows at him. 

Kurt has never met him before and I can tell that he doesn't even want to. After everything that he's done to me, I know that Kurt doesn't approve of my actions. He's the one person that I know will never come around. He's the most stubborn person I've ever met in my life.