Orphans

An unknown Orphanage

Third-person p.o.v.

Years passed and the h/c girl sitting in the living room surrounded by children was brought from orphanage to orphanage, more than five if she remembered correctly.

Each time being returned because of her age. Y/N has been fostered several times, to man to be able to count with her fingers. Nowadays couples who are looking to adopt don't want teenagers, and she just so happened to be one.

The h/c girl sighed as she pointed to the mathematic equation on the chalkboard.

"Hold on, honey, you've got it wrong. Here, let me help you." Y/N has been stuck in this orphanage for about five years, and she has seen many young children leave with happy smiles on their faces. She sighed again if only she could've been one of them.

"Nee-chan! I need help!" The h/c girl turned to face one of the kids, nodding her head and standing up to help. The children around her felt comfortable calling Y/N "nee-chan", some were even too lazy to even pronounce her name.

Ever since Y/N arrived at this orphanage, the children here were toddlers, some even babies. As the owner of the orphanage did nothing to educate these children, she took it upon herself to educate them, all starting from the age of 10, the age she was transferred here.

As Y/N was teaching the children, she spotted a pinkette in the corner of the room, staring intently at the television with a cartoon playing.

Anya's most likely the age of 6. The girl was fairly quiet at times, but when her show would come up on TV, she would be a completely different person. Anya had been placed in the orphanage not long ago and Y/n spoke to her quite often, especially when she tucked her and the other children in for bed.

From what Y/N heard, Anya has also been sent back every time from a foster family. Why? Y/N didn't know the answer to that, but what she knew, was that this little girl needed to be educated just like the other kids here.

Y/N excused herself from the children, patting her f/v/c dress down before moving to the couch and settling next to the excited pinkette.

"Anya," The girl was too invested to notice the person sitting next to her or their voice, so she continued to watch the show. Y/N sighed, staring at the clock, it was almost 12.

The show should be ending any minute now.

"No! The show's over!" Anya sulked, grumbling whilst staring at the TV.

And as said, the cartoon spy show turned to a commercial and the pinkette frowned before switching off the television.

"Anya," The h/c girl called out once more, gaining the younger girl's attention.

"Oh, hello nee-chan!" The pinkette greeted whilst smiling at the h/c girl who warmly smiled back.

"How about you join the rest of the children with studying?" Anya shook her head at the immediate thought of studying.

"Nope!" Anya loudly said, puffing out her cheeks and staring at the other children in front of the chalkboard.

"Anya doesn't want to learn! Anya wants to watch Bondman!" Y/N sighed, pushing herself off of the couch and moving to squat in front of Anya, placing her hand on hers.

"Anya, please. It's almost lunch, maybe you could help me?" Anya shook her head again.

"Anya doesn't want to learn! Anya also doesn't like being in the dark kitchen." She grumpily said, jumping off the couch and hobbling over to the basket filled with colorful toys. She had a fair point, the lamps in the kitchen were fairly dim and there was only one window in the room.

"How about I make sure to put extra peanuts on your plate if you study, even just for a little bit? How about that, is it alright, Anya?" At the mention of peanuts, the pinkette yelled out a loud yes before rushing to join the other kids sitting in a circle.

This girl will do anything for peanuts.

Y/N checked up on the kids once more and gave them another question to solve before heading over to the kitchen and putting a black apron on.

Sure there was "food" in the kitchen, vegetables, and fruits. But if Y/N wasn't here or didn't cook, the children wouldn't have anything filling to eat. So, if she were ever to be adopted or fostered once more, she taught two of the other teens here how to cook.

There was a total of three teenagers in the orphanage, one being Y/N and two other girls. One who just turned thirteen and the other who will be turning fourteen next week.

"Riria!" Y/N called out from the kitchen, grabbing the box of macaroni and dumping it in the pot of slightly salted water. A faint reply was heard and Y/N spoke back.

"Do you think you could get Sage and check on the kids?" Another reply was sent and Y/N focused on preparing the kid's lunch, a simple dish of mac and cheese. Y/N L/N taught herself everything, from learning and cooking both from books, some would call her a nerd but in reality, she isn't. She teaches herself everything so that she can teach the kids using the information as well as using the information she had when she still went to school.

Y/N's parents had unfortunately passed from an unknown virus and she was sent to the orphanage by her aunt who wanted nothing to do with her at the age of 7. She wasn't even able to attend her parent's funeral because of that.

It was truly upsetting and it took Y/N a while to stop grieving but at least now she has a "family" who she cares for cared for her. Her plan is to adopt all of the children from this orphanage who still remain and have them live with her when she turns of age. It was a great goal and she impatiently waited to turn twenty-five, by then she would have her own house.

After dumping the cheese in with the drained-out macaroni, Y/N called out to the two teenagers.

"Riria! Sage! Could you please get the kids to help set the table?" There was no verbal response so Y/N waited until she heard feet shuffling into the kitchen.

Riri and Sage were brunettes who were dropped off here last year and they were like sisters to each other, if one of them got adopted and the other was left behind, it would truly be upsetting for them both.

"Be careful with the bowls, Yuki!" Riria said to the eight-year-old who disappeared into the dining room. Not long after Y/N transferred the pot of mac and cheese into the dining room, a loud wail was heard followed by Sage running up to the h/c girl in a frantic manner.

"She won't stop crying, Y/N. I tried everything! I tried to give her toys, I tried giving her-" Y/N cut her off by wiping the sweat off her forehead and taking the wrapped-up baby girl in the f/v/c color blanket from Sage's arms, bobbing her up and down, humming a soft lullaby.

"Go help set up the table, and the cutlery, please. I'll take care of her." Sage sighed in relief before nodding and making her way to the drawers.

Y/N continued to hum lullabies to the little girl in her arms who quickly fell asleep before lightly pulling at Y/N's h/c hair. Emma had been left at the orphanage's doorstep a few months back. Good for her that she's within the age group of children couples are looking for nowadays.

"Lunch is ready!" Sage yelled from the dining room and Y/N frowned, double-checking on the baby in her arms.

Thank god she's still asleep.

The h/c girl walked into the living room and placed the baby girl in the crib, wrapping her up in another layer of a f/v/c blanket, kissing her forehead before shutting the curtain blinds and heading into the dining room filled with hungry children of all ages.

"Itadakimasu!"