One

"You are not alone, Ash. I am with you. My soul is always with you."

– Eiji Okumura

≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈

"Alright, chill out. I'm leaving now."

The call ends as I push my phone inside my back pocket. Tackling my suitcase into the trunk of my car, it ends up falling from the position I rested it in. I surrender, letting the stress of the situation consume my mind. Slamming the door shut, I enter the driver's door, plopping myself down into the seat and shoving my keys into the ignition. The nylon seatbelt wraps over my torso and my upper-thighs, plugged in near my right hip. As the door shuts, I release a large sigh, finally switching the car on and pulling out of the drive.

Ten minutes of driving, I eventually arrive at a residence and pull the car into the end of the drive, beeping my horn for a couple of seconds. Instead of putting it on while driving, I decide to start some music up now, clutching onto the phone in my pocket and dragging it out. As I unlock it, a knock echoes on my window, with a man glancing inside. I nod, unlocking the trunk with a button next to the handbrake and gesturing to it. The male shoots me a thumbs up before disappearing once again. My thumb presses onto the dark green circle and it loads the last song I was playing. "Don't Tell" by Royal Blood. I rewind to the start, ensuring it was connected to my car radio before playing.

After the car jolts around a little bit, the trunk is finally shut, and a few seconds later the passenger door swings open. The same man falls onto the leather seat next to me, shooting me a quick grin before yanking on the seatbelt. "You've gotta be careful," I grumble, frowning at his roughness.

"Ah, yeah, I forgot." He relaxes his muscles, dragging it carefully over him and plugging it in. Double checking he had everything, the man finally agrees with departing to collect the others. "You don't think we should be doing this as well, right?"

"Nelson, I was the first to disagree," I grumble, rolling away from the building, "Fucking majority voting can suck my ass."

"I agree, this isn't safe, but it was me, you and Chris against five idiots. How were we meant to win that vote?"

"I don't know, I'm picking Chris up first, he'll start ranting about it," I chuckle, dropping my foot down to accelerate hastily. Five minutes.

"He's at the Max's house, he won't in front of them."

"This is Chris we're talking about, Nelson."

"Trueee..."

As "Gold" by James Marriott begins playing through the speaker, I park outside a house once again, a different design entirely. However, this time I switch the car off and reach for my phone, sending a quick text message to the owner of the house.

{Echo}:
oi bozo, we're outside, trunks open

Relocating the device back to it's former position, I swiftly turn to the passenger, his eyes fixated on his phone. He wore his usual attire - a short-sleeved gray t-shirt with a black pair of shorts. A compass pendant was clipped around his neck, and resting in the centre of his chest. He had a couple of rings on each hand, and a watch on his left wrist. I could not deny it - he is attractive - but I know he is not the one for me.

Couple minutes pass before the house's front door swings open, three men hauling different sized luggage storm outside, chuckling about something random. As they approach the car, the tallest of the bunch bends down and stares into my side window with a grin. I chuckle, smiling back, and I could sense Nelson doing the same. He then leaves to the back of the car, with the trunk opening. I could feel the car gain weight, not enough to effect my driving. The lid shuts once again, a bit more rough than last time, and both rear doors are flung open.