Chapter 2

As I continued to pester them throughout the day with this idea, they stubbornly ignored it.

They don't seem to realize how amazing it would be to investigate this matter. Should I consider becoming a detective?

I do understand their perspective though, if we get ourselves into a sticky situation, it could tarnish our reputation.

That's right, believe it or not, we are the top students in our school and have been unbeatable since we first arrived here.

Jessica is gifted with her high IQ, achieving a perfect GPA with her brilliant mind. Kai excels in various activities, particularly basketball.

As for me, I am an art enthusiast, blessed with a sharp eye and a talent for painting.

That's why when it comes to group projects, we work together and always earn high marks.

However, this will not last forever as we are all Seniors this year, and each of us will undoubtedly go our separate ways.

That's why I want to end the year with an impressive accomplishment, to leave a lasting impression on our school even after we're gone.

And here we have something incredible right under our noses. I just need to find a way to persuade them, and I will.

After third period, Jessica usually heads to the library. Our dear friend is a bookworm, despite her appearance suggesting otherwise.

"Hey Jess!" I call out to her in the hallway, trailing behind.

"If you're going to talk about that again, I still won't listen," she responds bluntly.

"You've got me all wrong. I wanted to ask you about a book I'm considering reading, but I'm not sure if it's worth it," I lie.

She stops in her tracks and looks at me. "You have a way of convincing me, but go ahead. What book is it?"

Well, at least I'm trying. Let's hope this works. "It's called 'The Unseen Murder.' Do you know what it's about?"

She raises an eyebrow, knowing where I'm headed with this. "It's about a college student who goes undercover to solve numerous murders at her school. Along the way, she uncovers harsh truths and eventually discovers the culprit. The story claims she became a legend in the town."

Let's see if I can persuade her.

"Wow, that's incredibly inspiring."

"The murder?" she questions.

"No, no. The part where she solves the case. Wouldn't it be amazing to become a detective and do the same?"

"Brynlee, you can go solve crimes when you actually become a detective. But stay out of this. It has nothing to do with us," she says firmly, turning to leave.

I step in front of her to stop her. "No, seriously. Imagine how cool it would be to uncover the truth behind this."

"Yeah, did I mention that in the middle of the story, she was accused of murder because she got too involved and had a contentious relationship with a professor? It wasn't easy for her to get out of it," she states firmly, attempting to disprove my idea.

"But that's just a story. In reality, it couldn't be that bad. Plus, we're in this together, right? It won't damage us that much," I begin to convince her. "I promise to take full responsibility if anything goes wrong."

She sighs softly, realizing she has no way out, especially since I'm using my adorable puppy eyes on her.

"Don't look at me like that. Fine, I'll... think about it," she says, giving in to my enthusiasm.

"Yes! Thank you so much!" I exclaim, giving her a hug. She chuckles in response.

"Are you really that happy about it?"
She said as I run off to find Kai, I nod and give her a thumb up saying:
"Very happy!"

"The next one will be more difficult to convince, Kai here I come!

________________________________________

We're back!
If you guys have any questions don't hesitate to ask!

byee :)