Chapter 3

Kai is usually on the basketball court during her free time, so I make my way there hoping to catch her before practice starts.

"Hey Kai!" I call out as I approach her.

She turns to face me with a basketball in her hand. "What's up?"

"I have a proposition for us to do something really cool and unforgettable before we graduate," I say excitedly.

She raises an eyebrow. "You're still going on about that?"

"Listen to me first, I swear  it's gonna be worth it!" I explain.

Kai looks skeptical. "I don't know, Brynlee. We have a good reputation here and I don't want to risk that."

"I understand your concerns, but think about it. We could end our senior year with a bang and have something to remember for the rest of our lives," I argue.

She thinks for a moment before responding. "I don't know, Brynlee. It sounds risky. What if we get in trouble?"

"Trouble like what? We're just going to investigate a theft not a murder, we'll do it together as a team. What do you say?" I plead.

Kai keeps a straight face making it unclear for me to see if I got to convience her.
"You're taking this way to lightly, I'm sorry but I have to refuse."

Even when using my puppy eyes she doesn't change her opinion.
"That's not fair, I would have helped you whenever and for whatever."

She looks at me in dissapointment of my defense but she doesn't know that I won't give up no matter what. Kai is the most stubborn among us so I need reasonable conclusions to covince her.

"Also Jess' agreed not long ago, she knows what we're gonna do. Let's give it a try please."

Kai looks hesitant, but I can see the wheels turning in her head. "I'll think about it, but no promises."

"Thank you, Kai! You won't regret it," I say as I give her a pat on the back and walk away.

"I literally just said no promises."

I leave pretending not to hear her, now all that's left is to figure out how we can solve it together.

I can't wait to see what kind of adventure we'll embark on and what kind of memories we'll create before we graduate.

I can't wait to be honest, I'm so exited!

________________________________________

Hey hey!
I might still edit the chapters since they seem short, but I need your opinions first to know if I should change something or not.
Have a nice day further :)