Chapter 1: Loyalty

I grumbled, and sighed. Trotting through the streets had gotten extremely hard, as I was an abnormally large wolf-dog. At some point, I stopped trying to eat anything. Everything always seemed to become increasingly nauseous.

I passed by the highschool, and saw that a ginger-haired child had spotted me, and walked carefully forward, and put a bit of a hotdog on the ground. I decided to be polite, and ate it. I wagged my tail happily, before slinking away, before anyone else could see me.

I heard the screeching of metal, and heard the screams of another child, who was also kind to me. I poked my head out of the alleyway, to see a motorcycle racing by, two sports cars chasing it.

I chased, as something seemed to be awfully wrong about them. I trotted along the highway, in the red sand, I splayed out my toes, eager to not sink into the sand, which would slow me down. I got to the bridge, hearing yelling, and screeching metal, I peered down, and saw 4 robots, squaring off with each other.

I saw the two children, one of them being the ginger-haired boy that gave me the hotdog. I jumped down, as one of the dark colored robots headed towards them. I growled, and puffed myself out. I felt the hate start to burn.

I snarled, instantly, I felt the metal shift over me. The robot seemed to freak out, as I snarled deeply. "No one touches my friends!" I snapped, and lunged forward, leaping on them, and bit down on their neck. They wiggled under me, before giving me a shot. I felt the burning, and instantly let go, whimpering in pain.

They shot me again, which I failed to dodge. I was sent onto my side, metal screeching against the ground. I looked over, and saw the robot reach into the pipe, and tried to reach for the kids who were likely trying to escape through it. I jumped back up, and dragged the thing away from the pipe.

I snarled again, and giving no mercy, leapt for the thing's head. I ripped it off with a satisfying crunch. There were now two robots, the 3rd was dead, along with his buddy. I studied them for a moment, and they looked shocked. I backed away, and hobbled my way out. Whimpering. I looked at them, and growled when I realized they had run to catch up to me. "What do you want?" I snarled, turning around to square off with them. "Your hurt, let us help you." The smaller one, a blue and pink two-wheeler said. Something told me not to trust them. I shook my head, and growled. "I'm fine." Ignoring the flashing pain in my chest, and the alarms going off, requesting repair. What am I? I growled quietly. I looked down, and watched this blueish liquid drip down my leg.

I growled, backing away, realizing now that I couldn't shift back into my furry form, and realized that this was supposed to be my natural form? "Ratchet, could you groundbridge us? We have someone coming with us." The yellow and black sports car whirred and beeped. "We require a sedative as well." They added.

That's it. I'm out of here. I snarled, realizing they were enemies. I lunged forward out of aggression, and snarled. I batted a paw at the two-wheeler, and she jumped out of the way. I snarled, wincing at the pain shattering with each movement. I turned and ran. Skidding to a painful halt as a portal of green and teal opened up. Another one of them came through, this one was white and red-orange. He tossed something to the two-wheeler, who had moved to my side.

I snarled and turned and ran. Something rammed into my side, sending me flying, and skidding onto the ground. I yelped at the searing pain. I pushed myself up, and snarled. "Enemies!" I snarled, backing away. Something told her yes, but no at the same time. "We're not your enemies. We just want to help you." The blue two-wheeler said, taking a step towards me. I snarled. "Yeah right! I trusted someone once. Look where that got me!" I snarled, backing up. "A stray! On the streets. Like one of those mangy strays! I'm lucky I wasn't locked up in a pound!" I snarled, continuing to back up.