3. crumbling

Ignoring the panicking passengers, (Y/N) backed into a corner and pulled out her phone to dial a number. It was for the orphanage she frequently visited .The phone was picked up after a short while, and she breathed a sigh of relief.

''Hello?'' She spoke as someone picked up the phone... But her heart dropped after she could only hear sobbing and screams filling the other side of the call.

''Hello...?, ma'am...?, kids?...'' She continued speaking, trying to keep herself calm . ''Is everyone okay? Hello?'' She kept speaking into the phone, anxiety slowly filling her tone. ''Hello-'' somebody pushed onto her making her drop the phone.

''I am so sorr -sorry noona...'' It was a boy around 11 years he was clearly scared out of his wits already. He apologized with wide eyes.

''Its okay, you are not hurt are you?'' She asked in a soft voice, attempting to comfort him. For a moment she decided to forget about the phone call, but in her mind, she knew that whatever happened in the subway is or already has happened in the orphanage.

The boy only shook his head... He had some splatters of blood on his face and shirt, and was holding onto an insect net, the contents inside the net appeared to be grasshoppers.

The boy couldn't have been travelling alone... That only meant...

''Here .'' (Y/n) reached out her hand to the boy for him to hold onto. ''You can call me (y/n) noona. What's your name?'' She said with a smile.

The boy took (y/n)'s hand. ''I am Gilyoung lee.'' The boy said feeling a bit comforted.

''Why don't we stay together from now on? What do you think?'' She asked gilyoung, with a hand on his head, giving him a comforting smile.

Gilyoung nodded.

In the midst of the panicking passengers, a man stepped forward.

"Come on everybody! everyone calm down, start breathing calmly." the man was sturdy, with short cut hair. He introduced himself as an army lieutenant.
"I am currently an army lieutenant serving in the 6052 unit." he said pulling out a government official card.

The panicking people gradually calmed down , but that didn't last long. In the silence someone spoke out holding his phone screen over his head.

"The prime minister is making a speech, it really is a level one emergency!!."

-To my fellow citizens, a number of terrorist groups are currently active in an unspecified amount of areas, this including Seoul.

The prime minister goes on saying that it was a terrorist attack and the government was doing everything in power to mobilize them... And the citizens should stay calm.

But (Y/N) had a feeling that told her it wasn't a simple terrorist attack, she wanted to crawl under the train seats, but only one thought in her mind stopped her from doing so, She had Gilyoung who was depending on her now.

She overheard the people beside her speaking in an anxious tone.

''But where is the president? Why is the prime minister speaking instead?''
''The president has already been hit.''
''What! Really?''
''Ahh!'' The person holding the phone dropped it, (Y/N) glanced at the screen to find it covered in blood...

''The p-prime minister...'' Lots of gunshots could be heard from the live video, then it was silence, just silence.

(Y/N) reached a realization... The prime ministers head... It had just exploded like the other passengers...

She held Gilyoung closer to her.

(Y/N) had always imagined herself being a logical person in and taking action in these kinds of situations with a calm clear mind, but don't we all?