CHAPTER 17

With the drip attached to her vein, all Akshu could feel was numbness.

She was living in a delusion! Akshay never belonged to her! He belonged to Aarti. He always belonged to Aarti. How did she failed to notice this? How did she misinterpreted his care and concern for his love? Yes, he never told her that he loves her. She thought that he liked her but that was not the reality!

Now when she looked back what she felt that, what she interpreted as his love was only his  friendship! He was tensed during those days because he was trying to find out what happened to Aarti! From what her mother knew Aarti was a journalist and they met two years back! She was mysteriously killed one day and he somewhat knew who was behind it! As a lawyer and as her lover, he decided to fight for her justice and  started collecting evidence. But before he could produce them to court, he was also gone. No, they killed him!

 No, they killed him!

But who are they?

But she knew one thing! She need to find answers for the mystery behind their death! She know that there was no love between . But even then, he was her best friend and Aarti, she gave her life for this unknown truth!

She erased her tear while thinking about all these, and just then Aaru and her maa came into her room.

"You will get discharged today Akshu!"

"You fainted due to the sudden stress and shock. Doctor had advised you to take complete rest for next two days." Naira said while caressing her hair.

Aaru and Naira packed her things and by evening the three of them left hospital and reached home.

Aaru accompanied Akshu to her room.

"Akshu, take rest. I will bring food for both of you!"

"Maa?" Akshu held her hand and looked at with a serious expression. She understood that Akshu want to share something with her.

She sat next to Akshu and Aaru on the bed.

"Who are they? And why did they do that?"

"I don't know much details Akshu. Few weeks back, I got his personal diary from my office room. He often came here for referring my notes right? I still remember that he came here few days before his death. He must have left it then. I knew that he was stressed during those days but only after reading his diary, I got a full picture what exactly happened to him.

Whatever I said to you was based on what I read from his diary and from my own personal investigation! And I also remember few months back the security guard of his apartment told me that someone came there looking for something because the place was a complete mess then!"

"And why did they killed Aarti?"

"She was an investigative journalist! And she was collecting evidence against a mafia group. But before she could expose them she died in a road accident and the autopsy report said that she was drunk!  But Akshay was not ready to believe it seems because he knew that she never drinks, especially while driving!"