Forth

I hummed to myself as I got changed. I asked Park if he wanted to check out the new Thai eatery and he was completely cool about it.

We went there and lo behold, we bumped into Li and his boyfriend. Shit, what if Park wanted to eat with them?

I watched as Li came up to us. I smiled but was praying inwardly that he wouldn't invite us to eat with them but God must be on a break because my prayers went unheard. I smiled as Li asked us to join them. But just then, I heard Park reply, "thats nice but na. We will pass today. Its just me and Forth today. Hope that's OK."

Li smiled and accepted it graciously and he went back to his boyfriend.

"I hope you are ok with that? Sorry for not asking. I just thought we wanted some private time."

I nodded and smiled gratefully as I was really worried he wanted to eat with them. We sat at a corner booth and Park sat opposite me.

"You usually sit next to me? How come, you are opposite today?"

"Well i thought it will be nice to see you face na, as we eat? No?"

"I like that! Can!"

Park chuckled. We had a nice dinner together and when the time came to pay the bill, Park whipped his wallet out but I firmly took it away and paid instead. Park glared at me but I just ruffled his hair.

"Let me pay since i asked you out. We can take turns to pay."

Park smiled but his ears reddened too. I wasn't any better but was trying to control it. As we left the eatery, I casually held Park's hand. He looked at me but didn't say a word and just held my hand back. We reached his bike and he insisted on putting on the helmet for me which I was completely fine by. Just as he was about to do it for me, we heard a familiar voice. Fuck my life, it was Kuynn.

I grimaced as we turned to Kuynn.

"Hi P Forth!!! What are you doing here? I keep asking you out and you keep rejecting me! But you are always seen outside though!"

"I..I..."

"Since you are out, do you want to join us for desserts? We are in the cafe next door! Come na! P Park, you can join us too. Please? Please????"

I sighed and looked at Park who nodded subtly. I turned to Kuynn and agreed. She shrieked in delight and dragged me away. Park just followed quietly, chuckling away.

I was forced to sit next to Kuynn whilst Park sat opposite us. Kuynn introduced us and I got a heart attack.

"Guys! This is P Forth, the one I have been telling you about and this is his boyfriend P Park! Cute, aren't they?"

Park wanted to have water then and he spat it out in shock! What?

I looked at Kuynn who smiled cheerily at me.

"Come on P, you think I couldn't tell?"

I smiled at Kuynn though I wasn't sure on how to tell her that we weren't exactly dating. Yet. Which I be more than happy to. Provided he wants it to. Does he?

I looked over at Park who was busy cleaning the place and responding to a Nong who was asking him questions. We had quite an enjoyable session with the girls and then we left.

As we walked back to the bike, Park and I were awfully silent. I finally broke the silence once we got back to my dorm.

"You ok? You seem quiet. I'm sorry, did Kuynn's words discomfort you?"

"Huh? No. I just was thinking about those girls."

"Thinking about those girls? What about them?" I couldn't help it, my voice took on a softer tone instantly, indicating I was pissed.

Park looked at me, knowing he had treaded a wrong path.

"They are very intuitive. That's what I was referring to. I am not interested in them at all."

Park uttered hesitantly and looking worried that he had pissed me off. I could see from his expression that he was worried about having made me angry. I looked down for a bit, trying to collate my breathing before I looked at him and I threw him a small soft smile.

"Sorry, didn't mean to get upset. I was just..."

"It's ok. Shall we go?"

I nodded. We went off to my dorm and Park stayed over. I did some popcorn for us to eat whilst watching a movie whilst Park went to get a quick shower. He came out, sans shirt, sweatpants and wet hair as usual!

I glared at him and got a towel to dry his hair. He chuckled as he sat down, letting me towel his hair dry. It's only whilst I was doing this for him, that I realized that I only ever did this for him and we indeed did and have always treated each  other differently. Why the fuck did we even think this was normal?

Even when Lam was single, I never did this for him. I just threw a towel at his face. But it's only with Park, that I treated him differently. Have we always had a soft spot for each other and never realized?

In the end, I ended up just watching Park whilst he was completely enthralled by the movie. I couldn't help but be amazed by his childlike wonder and amusement that he only ever displayed around me.

I slung my hands around him midway through the movie and I thought he would resist but he just snuggled into me and laid on my shoulder for the rest of the flick.

The movie ended around 1am and I turned just to see that this silly fellow was sleeping away. I had no heart to shift him so I let him sleep on me as I slowly dozed off.