An Early Start

It was an Early Morning. The sun was brightening up the cold breeze. There was a bird with worms on its beak. It landed in a nest and fed the worms to its baby birds. Next to the tree is where the steam engines all rest at. Papermouth Sheds. James just woke up. He was in a foul mood. "What's up, James?" Edward asked. "You seem a little rough lately." "I was late last night with the moonlight express. Wasn't so moonlight-ish after all." James replied. "I can see that." Said Edward. "You need something to take now and then." Said Lily. "What are you talking about?" James asked unsympathetically. "You know," Said Edward. "Maybe you should need help with yourself sometimes. Not always such an easy start. But look at it through my angle. I'm sure you'll understand." James went redder than ever and snorted off. "He doesn't understand." Said Lily. "Oh, he will, eventually." Said Edward. James huffed and puffed to the station to collect some coaches. Then, he could hear sirens. Sally the rescue diesel engine rocketed past James. "Breakdown Express Coming Throooouuuugh!" She called out. James got frustrated. "Constitutionally Delusional," He thought. Soon he arrived at the station. He saw Ned the Boxy Tank Engine shunting trucks. "Hey, Ned." Said James trying to communicate. "Hey, James. Said Ned. "What's up?" "This might sound presumptuous." He said. "But would you mind collecting some coaches for me?" "Oh, boy, I'd like to." Said Ned. "But, erm, I've got to help out with Emily at the Western Main Junction." He whistled 'Goodbye' as he chuffed away. James saw Jordon pushing some trucks at a siding. "Excuse me," James called Jordan. "But would you mind collecting some coaches for me, please?" "Oh, sorry." Said Jordan. "I've got to shunt with Rosie at Playford Yards." And he chuffed importantly away. "Botheration!" James fumed. "I might as well collect MY coaches then!" He chuffed crossly to the carriage siding where he could see three red branchline coaches ready for James to take to the station. He bumped straight into one of them. "Ow!" Cried the coach. "He didn't have to be bumping rudely at us." Said another. "Shut it." Said James. "Let's just get on with it." He chuffed to the platform. There weren't as many passengers yet. Instead, there were two teenage boys. "Look, a steam engine." Said Tim. He was holding out some treats with Aaron. "Good to know." Said Aaron. He munched on a Gummy Worm. James was still feeling a bit cross. "Hey, James." Said Tim. "What's the long face?" "I'm not happy." Said James. "This just feels like a very boring day, to be honest." He asked what Tim and Aaron did. "Oh, we've got a voucher from Lollyland." Said Aaron. "Yeah," Tim exclaimed. "We've bought all the candy we want. We can even share some with our friends as well!" "Yes." Said James. "That's very thoughtful of you." Tim walked up to the Number 5 Red Engine. "Hey, James." He said. "Have you ever tried Sour Drops before?" "No, I haven't." Said James. "And not a chance of even trying it anyway." Tim dug out some Warheads Sour Drops from his pocket. "What is that?" James asked. "Some sort of medicine?" "Not really." Said Tim. "It's candy." "Why would they call that," James asked. "It's sour candy. People love all these sorts of traditional sweets. It's to give your sweet tooth very good satisfaction. But it's not safe to eat too much. And there's a reason for that." "What about that thing you're holding in your hand?" James asked. "Oh, that?" Tim exclaimed. "These are Sour Drops. The sourest and tangiest thing is ever known in existence." "Is that literally the best they can do with these types of sweets?" James huffed. "No, not really. They also have Sour Lickers and Sour Lollipops." Said Tim. "May I perhaps have a try." James asked. "Of course you can." said Tim. "Uh, I'm not sure if this is a good idea." Aaron told Timmy. "It sure enough doesn't look like trains with faces are designed to taste any of that stuff." "Don't say that." Said Tim. "I know my own system, and James is feeling a little stressed. So don't get involved, please." "You don't have to dip it in." Aaron said gravely. He dipped his musk candy onto some Sour Powder. "Down the hatch." Tim said. James opened his mouth, and poked his tongue out. Tim squirted a few drops onto James' tongue. "Well," Said Tim. "How do you feel?" "I'm not feeling anything." James grumbled. "Why does my voice sound weird." "Perhaps you need to wait it out a little. Soon, you would be as relaxed and calm as any engine would be. You know what I'm saying?" Said Tim. "James?" He called. "James?" James couldn't hear Tim properly. He was rocking the boat. (TRIP: He could see colorful objects and the whole world going topsy turvy) James' eyes spun round like a top. He was tripping a lot that he ever expected. He also couldn't see the rails properly. Tim was impressed. But not Aaron. "I cannot believe you've just done that." He replied. "What?" Tim conceived. "I can't get any worse." "You think?" Aaron said. They both stared at each other. Soon, James was off the rails. He tripped out as he chuffed along the line. Then, he could see Gordon pulling the express. James watched as Gordon chuffed down the line looking rather confused. "Why is James so chilled right now?" Gordon asked. James huffed and puffed. He whooshed and he wheezed. James was so high that he could see the points changing him from line to line. "Weeee!" James whistled. "This is way better than hauling Goods Trains!" Suddenly, he could see Edward pulling Utility Vans down the line. He could see James chuffing ahead. "Watch out, James!" Edward cried. "Aaaah!" Said James. And slammed on the brakes. The engines stopped. Edward looked at James. "Are you okay?" He asked. "James?" James looked at Edward. (He could see him as a Demon Train with a long tongue) "AAAAAAGH!" Cried James. Edward was confused. "What just happened." He asked.