Getting to know the Crew

In Y/N's dream, he is seeing remnants of his past.

???: "You have your orders. Get in, Find the Hostages, Get out."
.
.
.
???: "Hostiles, incoming!"
.
.
.
???: "Fall back! We can't save them!"
.
.
.
???: "Y/N, Get the hell out of there!"

Y/N: "Negative, Sir. Those hostages need help, and I won't abandon my men."

???: "SEEGEANT Y/N, THAT IS AN ORDER! RETR--"

Y/N: (Cuts comms) "Sorry, Sir."
.
.
.
Y/N: (Pained.) "Sir... Everyone is out, hostages are free... so are my men..."

Y/N Is seen under some debris from a collapsed building, and he has some rebar stabbed through his stomach and legs.

???: "Y/N, What's your status? Where are you?"

Y/N: (Pained) "I'm not gonna make it...... I'm... Sorry."

???: "Son, you listen to me, Your going to he okay, We'll get to you!.... Y/N?"

Y/N: "I'm... still here, Sir... I want you to know... it was a privilege, and an honor to serve under you."

???: "... You've done me proud, Sergeant."

Y/N: "Thank you... Sir... Tell my men... I wont be able to join them at the bar."

???: "I'll... pass the word along."

Y/N: "Thank you, Sir. It was an hono--"

Then an explosion was heard, causing Y/N to wake up in a cold sweat. He sits up in his bed, and he rubbed his eyes.

Y/N: 'Sorry Sir... But I had to do it, and I'd do it again... I hope you let my family know that I didnt go down easy....'

He then gets up and he puts on his uniform, and he exits his room. He decided to speak with some of the crew. He went down to Engineering, and he walked up to Tali.

Tali: "Ah, Shepard."

Y/N: "Hello, Tali. How are you settling in?"

Tali: "Your ship is amazing, Shepard! I've never seen drive core like this before! I can't believe you were able to fit into a ship this small. I'm starting to understand why humans have been so successful. I had no idea Alliance vessels were so advanced."

Y/N: "The Normandy was a joint project worked on by the Alliance and Turian Hierarchy. It's a prototype, Cutting edge technology."

Tali: "A Month ago, I was patching a makeshift fuel line into a converted tug ship in the flotilla. Now I'm sitting aboard one of the most advanced vessels in Citadel space. I have to thank you for bringing me along. Traveling in a Vessel like this is a dream come true for me."

Y/N: "I'm glad. I know the Quarian people depend on ships to survive."

Tali: "Yes, but we don't have anything like this. We make donwith cast off and second hand equipment. We just try to keep them running for as long as we can. Some of the Fleet's larger vessels date all the way back to our original flight from the Geth."

Y/N: "The Quarians must be some of the best mechanics in the Galaxy if they can keep a ship running for 300 years."

Tali gave a small blush under her helmet.

Tali: "U-uh, well, They're constantly being repaired, modified, and Refitted. They aren't pretty, but they work. Mostly. We've tried to make ourselves as independent as possible on the Flotilla. Grow our own food, mine and process our own fuel. But some things we can't make on our own. A patch to maintain the Hull Integrity requires raw materials we just don't have."