19. Connecting the dots.

Author's note:
My deepest apologies for such a huge delay. I had a lot of events in my life, don't wanna steal your time, describing it.... Thanks for all your reads and votes, that was pleasant to see, that my work is alive and successful.  That's amazing ♥️

Your sincerely,
Yamado-san

Friday. The meeting for conclusion of Bloody Halloween's fight is on Monday. I have to talk to Baji, and bring him back before that, but first...

"Well, Kisaki, what's your answer?" - I asked him, when we met near the archery club.

"I have my own way of doing things..." - he said bluntly.

"...yes, I know it. How about connecting your goals to our morals? You CAN do it with your intelligence." - I answered in a highly confident tone, hoping that would push him a little.

"For now, I don't see anything Toman can give me. I see only how much you guys need my help." - he grinned a little, but I pretended I didn't see that.

"Well, you should've known that Mikey's goal is to change the world of delinquents. Your shady doings has nothing to do with it."

Kisaki thought for a moment.

"Think it yourself: isn't it too naive?" - asked Kisaki still wearing his blank face.

"Maybe. Have you heard of first generation of Black Dragons?"

Recently I asked Yamagishi, Mitchy's friend and my classmate, that knows everything about gangs to give me a lecture. It was exhausting 5 hours of listening and noting the information about a gangs history since early 90th 'till present times.

As I heard, first generation Black dragons were led by Shinichiro Sano, Mikey's brother. I wonder why I'm getting this information from Yamagishi, but anyway... His ideas were similar to Mikey's, and he really was a prominent figure in delinquent world those days. Though he was weak in fights, he was a great leader and had high morals, wich also lead his gang to success.

"Sure I've heard of it, but what it has to do with our conversation? It was like 10 years ago or more..." - said Kisaki getting angry a bit.

"Just wanted to mention their strong principles and unity. I don't know more successful gangs. They were a power everyone was afraid. And it wasn't only about their brutality or physical strength. You know that too, right?"

His face expression changed to a more thoughtful one.

"Analysing the way of the first generation, and what they are now, I can say for sure, that for being on top of delinquent world and still be successful, we have to crystallize the standards and principals we follow. You can think even of getting Mikey's place, if you want. But you have to earn it. Fairly."

Kisaki looked down, and squatted.

"All I ever wanted is power..." - he said

"Yeah, I see... Look, what I'm trying to do here in Toman, is to make a soft-power unit. It would be nice to cooperate with you, because you know this delinquent world better. There's a "power" mentioned in the name of the unit, isn't it a good start?"

"That's also naive..." - he looked at me judgementaly.

"Aren't you and me the definition of statement "brains rule the fists", huh?" - I did a resting bitch face to answer his arrogance.

"You have guts..." - he said standing up, - "...well, let's see where that leads too, soft leader."

He left, leaving the question open. But now I know for sure that the idea of "ruling the fists" definitely sitting in his mind.