9. Suprise

Tell Me Why / Oberyn Martell Out now!

Apparently having one failed tour was not enough.

Taelon had a bag packed he didnt know how long he would be gone. Moons and moons or pick one and be done. He flopped down on the bed when his door opened and closed her heard Nyras footsteps.

''You are leaving tomorrow," nyra remarked as she got up on his bed.

''I am.'' Taelon agreed.

"I dont want you to.'' She reminded him. ''I want you to stay and- and-" she let out a shaky breath as he hugged her.

''I would stay if I could Nyra.'' He whispered.

''When you come back you will be engaged.''

''That is usually how tours work. Yes.'' Taelon agreed. "Be careful on your tour. Dont take shit from those cunts. Dont pick anyone you dont love."

Taelon and Nyra were sent off in opposite directions. Taelon knew it was pointless but he got explore. To ride and travel. Something he always loved. Ace was happy to be joining him once again. 

+

'...the wall Blackhaven are unscalable vassalstone. And the castle is surrounded by a deep, dry moat. It is well fortified against any future Dornish incursions.' Beric Dondarrion began. Rhaenyra sat bored as she was to choose from suitors. The line was endless and the options were still awful. Perhaps because Taelon was so wonderful everyone else just seemed very meh in comparison. 'And though my seat may be lesser in size, it is situated most pleasingly.' He went on clearing his throat he moved to pour himself a glass of wine. 'The view across the Marches is inspiring, so said Queen Alysanne herself when she honored my father and I...'

'And tell me, Lord Dondarrion,' Rhaenyra spoke up. 'did you think my great-grandmother as beautiful as they say?'

'This was half a century ago, Princess.'

'Yes, it was.' She agreed and the crowd of spectators laughed in agreement.

'That was unseemly, Princess.' Criston remarked.

'The man is older than my father. It's unseemly for him to put himself forward as a contender for my hand.' Rhaenyra corrected her guard. 'Next!' she demanded. 'And now a child.' Rhaenyra shook her head, this was useless.

+

Taelon brought a fist to his lips to cover his yawn.

"Yes, do act more excited." Tommen remarked. "Ace is having more fun than you." Tommen informed him. 

"That he is." Taelon agreed. 

"Hey, everyone he rejects-" Jaime Barnes reminded. "-is a broken heart in need of a little love."

"Can we be done with Dorne?" Taelon remarked. "It's hotter then the fucking sun."

"Fucking sun!" Acerys declared. 

"Thats right bud," Taelon agreed. 

Three moons gone and Taelon was bored of his many options. They had moved through the stormlands, took their time wandering around Dorne. They were supposed to go to the reach, High garden next. Then fuck a mermaid in lannis port, on Casterly rock. Visit the iron islands and outdrink the Greyjoys. Head over to the riverrun then embrace the bitter cold of the north, they would go to the Eyrie jump out the damn moon door perhaps and then driftmark was last before coming home but a raven from Driftmark came and Taelon changed up their plans.

+

"What do you mean he isnt at the Reach?" Viserys questioned.

"I just received a ravel from the Lady Tyrell asking if the prince Taelon found a bride. They are not at the Reach."

"What do you mean? Have they stopped the tour? Has he found, he didn't say anything." Viserys remarked.

Taelon hadnt wrote to say he found a bride, didnt write to say he was coming home early and Nyra was still on her failure of a tour as the guards informed him.

"Stopped in driftmark your grace."

"Driftmark... why would they do that?" Viserys sputtered.

+

'The Black woods are an ancient house with a formidable army.' Boremund Baratheon began. He stared up at her hopefully. 'In the River lands, they once ruled as kings. The blood of the First Men still flows in their veins.'

'Go on.'

'My Princess... ours is a bond that has long endured, since Lucas Black wood, the grand sire of my grand sire, aided the Dragon in his war of conquest...' Boremund reminded her.

'Aye, the Black woods truly turned the tide on that one.' One of the men in the crowd shouted and Boremunds confidence flickered as the crowd laughed again

'Coursed with the blood of the First Men, our history is deeply rooted in this land, which your house has made its home. If chosen as your match, Princess... your days shall be easy and nights safe under my protection.' Boremund went on.

"Protection"?' the man spoke up again. 'The Princess has a dragon, you dumb cunt.'

Days would be boring and nights would be dreadful. She wanted to go home.

'Bracken!' he was scolded but he kept on laughing

'I could learn to like that one.' Rhaenyra remarked. 'Ugh, let us have the next so we may go to supper.'

'Craven.'

'Ooh!' the crowd declared as Bracken and Boremund faced off.

'We're leaving.' Criston told Rhaenyra leading her away.

'Sheathe that steel, you twats!'

'Send word to the harbor and have Captain Oswin ready the ship.' Rhaenyra said as they walked.

'Princess, we're due in Bitter bridge in three days' time.' Cole corrected

'I would happily row myself back to King's Landing if it brought an end to this ridiculous pageant. Taelon will be happy to see me.' Rhaenyra told him, at least that was the hope. Bracken grunted, falling to the ground, the child Boremund had taken him down.

'Don't look, Princess.' Criston said leading her outside.

+

"Rhaenys!" Taelon declared. "What a surprise."

"Surpirse indeed." Rhaenys remarked. "I did not think you would come."

"No? I can leave." Taelon mused. Ace gave Rok a kiss before running to Taelon, waving back at Rhaenys. 

"No. Please stay. Im sure the flight was long."

"Rok is fast." Taelon remarked as he looked around. "Been a while since ive been here." Taelon looked out over the waves. "I always liked driftmark."

"Did you?" Rhaenys pondered.

"Of course. I love the water. Its quite useful when Rok flips through the sky and I dont want to go splat on the ground." He mused and Rhaenys almost smiled. "Why did you raven me?"

"Mending a bridge between us." Rhaenys offered. "Come. Lets get you something to eat."

"I could eat." Ace agreed.