21. Emotional Support Dragon

Bad dreams/ Sandor Clegane out now!

"I love you Taelon."

"I love you." Taelon echoed. "Maybe this will be a good thing... maybe... I'm really sorry Nyra..."

"I'm sorry I'm such a fuck up." Nyra countered.

"You are talking to the worlds biggest fuck up." Taelon corrected. "You know if roles were reversed-"

"I would ruler of the universe strutting around with cock in hand!" Nyra declared. 

"Hey, hey!" Taelon scolded. "I dont whip it out for no reason." Nyra laughed out. "Go on, get ready, big day." Taelon remarked giving her a nudge. 

"THERE YOU ARE!" Tommen shouted running to Taelon. "I feel like I havent seen you at all! My separation anxiety Taelon!" 

"You have been connected to Gaena, havent you?" Taelon countered and Tommen smirked. 

"Yes I have. Which is why I think the time for you being my emotional support dragon is coming to an end." Tommen agreed. Taelon chuckled. "I mean it, I am going to ask her to marry me." 

"I will believe it when I see it." Taelon corrected. "Hey Gae, Dav." 

"Boys," Davina drawled. "I was hoping the next wedding I went to would be Gaena's." Davina gave Tommen a very deadly look but Gaena smiled kissing Tommen quickly. 

"I missed you." Gaena whispered against him. 

"I missed you more." Tommen assured holding her to him. 

"Love. Gag." Davina countered. But her gaze shifted to Taelon. "I'm bored already Taelon," she remarked running a hand through her hair. "Show me where the real party is." 

"The party is here!" Acerys declared running towards them. 

"Damn little man looking good!" Tommen declared picking him up. 

"I'm a stud muffin." Acerys agreed. Gaena reached out, beaming back at Acerys, touching his hair and little cheeks. He was a ladies man like Taelon and loved attention, especially of the female variety.

 "You are a stud muffin!" Gaena agreed. Acerys stuck his tongue out at Tommen when Gaena took him Tommen hugging him to her. 

"Squashed muffin." Tommen murmured. 

"Give her a baby, marry her first, but then give her a baby." Davina instructed. "Before she finds someone man enough." Tommen puffed out his chest. 

"Okay dont try to compete with Davina, its a losing battle." Taelon remarked, "hey, Tom, I need a word." 

"I got Ace." Gaena assured kissing his cheeks. 

"She's got me." Acerys agreed smugly. 

+

''It is with great pleasure that His Grace, King Viserys, announces the start of the royal wedding celebrations. House Lannister with their lord, Jason Lannister. Lord Paramount of the West, and Master of Casterly Rock. House High tower with their lord, Hobert High tower. Beacon of the South, Defender of the Citadel, the Voice of Old town...'' Harrold announced.

''Congratulations, Your Grace. You have made a fine match for the Princess.'' Jason said as he approached.

''Thank you, Lord Jason. I could think of no better man than Ser Laenor.'' Viserys said with a chuckle.

"Is it not strange?" Tommen questioned

"What?" Taelon countered as his gaze shifted around the banquet hall. 

"Rhaenys tried to get her daughter to marry your father and now you are pining after her." Tommen explained.

"How is that strange?" Taelon countered.

"The fact that you don't see it should be concerning." Tommen remarked. 

'Well... if this is only the welcome feast, I admit, I cannot imagine what you might have planned for the wedding.'' Jason went on. 

''Well, I wanted this to be a wedding for the histories.'' Viserys reminded him.

''Where is the queen? and Prince Taelon? I had hoped to pay my respects.'' Jason offered looking down the table.

''I understand the queen is still readying herself for the celebrations." Viserys informed him. "Taelon is probably with Tommen." Viserys nodded to them. Jason's gaze flickered to them, he wanted to get in with Taelon and Tommen, be a part of that click but Taelon and Tommen had known each other since they were boys, their bond was unbreakable. 

"This is why men wage war... because women would never be ready for the battle in time.'' Jason remarked with a chuckle

''Your presence is always such a pleasure, Lord Jason.'' Rhaenyra remarked stiffly as she looked to TOmmen and Taelon across the room.

''Princess... Your Grace.''

"Here she comes, what are you going to do? A married woman?" Tommen whispered nudging Taelon. He looked to the front doors as they swung open. 

"She said we have a time limit, so I ended it on driftmark. there is nothing to do." Taelon corrected. 

''Lord Corlys of House Velaryon. Lord of the Tides, Master of Driftmark. And his lady wife, Princess Rhaenys Targaryen. And their son and heir, Ser Laenor Velaryon.'' Harrold announced as the drums beat. 

''My Betrothed. My Betrothed.'' Laenor said happily as he came up to Rhaenyra. 

"Really selling it." Tommen remarked, Taelon elbowed him. 

"Should probably- say hello?" Taelon offered. 

"Probably shouldnt," Tommen corrected. "Best take our seats." Tommen corrected.

''Be welcome, as we join together in celebration. Tonight is only its beginning." Viserys remarked. He looked to Taelon as he took a seat. Alicent wasnt here yet.

"We honor the crown's oldest and fiercest ally, House Velaryon. Reaching back to the days of Old Valyria and the Age of Dragons. With House Targaryen and H...' Viserys began but the door swung open and stopped him mid speech the guests started murmuring, loving a good gossip.

''The King will not be happy.'' Harwin remarked.  ''Right in the midst of his speech.'

''The beacon on the High tower, do you know what color it glows when Old town calls its banners to war?'' Larys added with a smirk. 

''Green.'' Tommen answered. Alicent walked forward her dress a deep green as she kept her head held high as she approached the table making her way to Viserys' side.

'Congratulations, step daughter. What a blessing this is for you.'' Alicent remarked as she kissed Viserys cheek. 

''Please be seated.'' 

Taelon looked to Tommen beside his brothers and Tommen was cackling silently. 

'Where was I?'' Viserys said with a soft cough.

'The joining of the two houses, Your Grace.'' Lyonel remarked.

'Yeah.' Viserys cleared his throat. 'Yes. With House Targaryen and House Velaryon united, I hope to herald in a second Age of Dragons in Westeros.'' The crowd broke into an applause and cheers. ''And after tonight's small affair... Seven days of tournament and feasting. At the end of it all... At the end of it all, a royal wedding... between my daughter, the princess Rhaenyra and Ser Laenor Velaryon, the heir to Driftmark.'' The drums picked up again as Viserys finished.

''I was never much of a dancer.'' Rhaenyra remarked as Laenor offered his hand and lead her out for their first dance to set off the night.

''It's not much different to combat.'' Laenor informed her.

''Hm, I shall hope for a different outcome.'' 

Rhaenys got up moving to the head table and Taelon stiffened in his chair.  She didnt know what she was going to say but getting to him she stopped speechless. 

"Care to dance Rhaenys?"