chapter eight

not edited ; mar. 25

┈┈。゚۪ ۪ ۪ ۪ ۪ ゚。┈┈

Jaehwa walked out the room that she was sharing with her twin, peaking out into the hallway. It was late at night, everyone in the house sleeping.

She left their bedroom door open in hope of making less noise. She snuck past her moms room, also walking past Jumins.

She was carrying her shoes in her left hand, her right hand holding her phones flashlight.

She was way past the bedrooms and she felt like she could finally breathe.

She turned on the kitchen lights, the man standing up at the counter freaking her out, "why are you awake?!" she whispered, turning her phone flashlight off.

"Because I have insomnia, where are you going that you need your shoes?"
Jaemin stared at his younger sister, grabbing chocolate from his small container.

"I couldn't fall asleep either. I thought about just walking around the premises of the house." Jaemin nodded, tapping the bar stool stood next to him.

"come sit." Jaehwa sighs, placing her shoes on the floor.

She pulls out the bar stool, slowly, and sits, resting her head on the cold counter.

"Why can't you sleep?" Jaemin chews on a piece of chocolate, waiting for his sister to respond.

"i have the heaviest feeling on my chest, it feels like there's an elephant sitting on it." Jaemin nods, urging her to continue to talk about how she was feeling.

She spoke about what had been happening with Seokhoon and Seokkyung, and how apparently their father had gotten out of jail.

She also brought up how uncomfortable she felt with all the parents being bailed out of jail.

"It just feels really strange. They were charged with things that they really did do, I don't understand why they can't see the wrong they did." Jaemin agreed with his sister, the fact that they were bailed in the first place made his brain so confused.

"I think it's a terrible thing that they were bailed out, but what can we do? They think they deserve anything and everything because they're rich." Jaehwa stayed quiet, Jaemin giving her a piece of chocolate.

"Do you want some melatonin?" Jaehwa shakes her head still chewing on the piece of chocolate that was handed to her.

"I don't think I'll wake up on time for school if I take melatonin." Jaemin nods his head, fixing how he was standing next to his sister.

"do you want to set up a small fort in the living room? maybe after sleeping in the hospital your body isn't used to sleeping in comfort."

Jaehwa giggles and nods her head, "go get our pillows, i'll grab some spare comforters and blankets." Jaehwa nods, walking back towards her room.

She picks up her shoes on the way, slowly walking by her moms room in fear of waking her. The floor creaks, Jaehwa biting her lips thinking that it would help.

She speed walks in front of her moms room, zooming into her open bedroom. She places her shoes on the rack, and walks towards her bed, grabbing her four pillows, "can you shut up? it's like 2am in the morning."

Jaehwa turns to her sisters bed, Yihwa covering her face with her arm. "You could've just stayed quiet, you would've had an easier time falling back asleep."

Yihwa looks up, her eyes barely open, "where are you going with all your pillows?" Jaehwa also grabs her blanket, barely being able to see over the top.

"Jaemin and I are camping out in the living room, come join if you want." Yihwa makes a bunch of random noise, Jaehwa walking out of the room.

She didn't mind her mothers room anymore, wanting to hurry into the living room so she didn't drop all of her belongings on the floor.

"Girl are you okay?" Jaehwa feels all the weight off her arms, Jaemin turning to the side to make eye contact with her.

"I still have to grab your pillows." Jaemin nods, so Jaehwa walks off, heading towards her brothers room.

Her brothers room wasn't really decorated. A desk in the corner with his PC, and a few photo albums sitting in his bookcase. She grabs the two pillows off his bed, the bunny, and the blanket he usually uses to sleep.

Jaemin's room is much closer to the living room, so she was able to hear Jaemin and another person talking.

"Your ruining the fung shui of my fort." Jaehwa peers into the living room, Yihwa laying flat on her stomach, on the couch.

"I didn't think you'd actually join us." Jaehwa dropped her brothers stuff on the floor. Yihwa was still mumbling, most likely already falling back asleep.

"Should I go get Jumin?" Jaehwa shrugs her shoulders, Jaemin deciding on his own to get his younger brother.

"I still think it's super strange that they get their own rooms, but we have to share our own." Yihwa finally piped up, sitting up from the couch.

"We're leaving the empty room open for Logan, and we're literally twins we can share so it's whatever." Jaehwa shuffles into her blanket, laying her head on her pillow.

Jaemin walks in with the barely awake Jumin, the younger boy dragging his pillow and blanket. "Why are we doing this?"

Jumin throws his stuff on the opposite couch, laying down and getting comfortable, "you were the only one not out here, so i just brought you out."

there was no reply, so Jaemin just sat on the floor, looking at his baby sister, "are you feeling a bit tired?"

Jaehwa looks up from her phone, nodding, "walking all over the house made me sleepy." Jaemin nodded, grabbing Jaehwa's phone.

"Go to sleep." Jaehwa sighs, and closes her eyes, the other two already asleep.

"Good night my siblings."

-

"Not what I expected when I walked out of the bedroom today." Dasom stared at her kids, but left them in their state, hoping they'd catch up on sleep.

She grabbed her bag, and walked out of the house, a car waiting for her, "Good Morning Ms. Lim."

Dasom waved at Oh Yoonhee, the lady waiting in the car, "Make sure the kids wake up later, we have an anti bullying committee to attend."

Dasom gets in the car, placing her stuff in the back of the car, "but first, we have to deal with them."

┈┈。゚۪ ۪ ۪ ۪ ۪ ゚。┈┈