IV

After what had happened to her husband, Name shut herself out completely from all the others. Her breakdown caused pain towards others. Especially Eros who had attempted multiple times to be there for her only to be pushed away.

Her husband's funeral came and went with her not bothering to make an appearance. His relatives, siblings especially, did not approve of this and didn't bother giving her the fortune her husband had left for her.

Everyone was mourning the lost of a powerful icon in the empire, unbeknownst to them that someone found this more amusing than anything in the world.

Eros played with a quill, thinking what to answer to a letter regarding the details of death of the duke. He decided that it'd be best to write the actual details instead of reporting it as confidential due to the suspicions that may occur if he dared do so.

In Name's room, laid the weak and frail Name who barely slept and looked horrid. Face stained with tear streaks she looked out the window, watching the countless people walking around and being productive. This productive behavior made her feel terrible for they were there acting so happy and enjoying their works whilst she laid here with no work to be done as well as no happiness to be spent on a productive day.

This caused something in her to stir as in moments she found herself fully bathe and dressed in a dress tailored for her by her husband. He had loved her in this dress. She was certain he'd be happy seeing her like this if his spirit was still here.

Before she could leave the room, a rustling of leaves stopped midway towards the door. A familiar scent greeted her in the air. Turning around she found no one there, yet the strong scent lingered. Who was that? Walking towards the balcony, she found no one there only an empty place with the scent being stronger than before. A sigh escaped her lips as she just left, unknown to her that someone was dangling on the ledge above the balcony.

He watched as the girl left without another action. His rare colored optics gleaming with delight as he jumped down. Rummaging through the papers and things he found a lot of things belonging to her and her husband. He was here to investigate about the husband, and who better to search from than the lover herself?

A smirk played onto his lips as he found a few key information from those letters especially from her diary talking about sudden disappearances and calls given to her husband.

Finishing up with his work, he made sure to organize everything as how they were to avoid suspicion. With that done he had one more thing to do, placing a wrapped gift onto the bed he looked over his shoulder once more to analyze his work before deciding to leave. Hence the reason why there were tons of fallen leaves found the next day.

Name entered her room to find the present. Who..?

Opening it slowly, she found a necklace embedded with a ruby. It was beautiful and certainly unexpected. Did the crowned prince give this to her as surprise gift? He did mention he'd give her whatever she desired to make her happy once more, but this was a bit too much. Taking it, she put it on. The necklace looked amazing and she felt happy receiving it.

From afar a male smiled in relief. At least she enjoys the gift.

Few days have gone by and Name came to thank the prince for the necklace he had so kindly gifted. This made Eros stop since he did not give her that necklace. Eyeing the necklace he wondered who gave it and most importantly how much experience did this person have in fighting due to the thought of challenging the person when the time came.

A ball was approaching, so Name decided to take a trip to the tailor. She had just finished her rendezvous when she accidentally bumped into a male who was running. The male picked up the things for her as he looked up at the same time as her.

A gasp escaped from her lips as she came face-to-face with a familiar set of eyes. Eyes that had haunted her for days. Eyes that belonged to a male who had broke into her room due to being chased.

The crimson eyes that belonged to this same stranger. 

"Tell me again

"Tell me again." Eros asked with intensity in his eyes. The male who was the messenger of this news grew nervous at the fair sight of the prince's cold unrelenting gaze.

"T-The Agriches have brought their ill will at the murder of an old friend sir.." The prince seemed irritated at this news as he took to the heart. Old friend. Old friend huh? So he was a traitor, but not just by his lying of him but in actuality as well! This damn fool thought he could take his secret to the grave. Eros must thank the Agriche for their way of presenting themselves as friends.

"Interesting." He murmured, his fingers gripped the paper in his hand tightly. "What a nuisance. Thank goodness he was disposed of." He was speaking to himself yet he seemed to have forgotten that he was in the presence of another who was not in on his scheme.

"Sorry?" The messenger managed squeak out. His throat became dry as he tried swallowing. This realization was reeling. He meant to say that to someone else, had he? "I will just.. leave."

Eros was brought of his ‘reflecting’ when the messenger left with quick motion. A maniacal smirk formed in response. "Get him." He ordered calmly as the guards gave a nod. Chasing down that specific victim and murdering him on sight.

The Prince came forward to see the remains and gave a curt nod of approval. "Dispose of him immediately." An order presented itself so fast. "No remains of him should be anywhere before my bride returns." His stare was daring. It meant if anyone failed to comply he'd burn them all no matter how important.