Chapter 1

AUTHOR'S POV

The sun is bright, and the sunlight is warm and not harsh.
The birds keep chirping, and the breeze is cool.
The leaves of the plants are covered from the dew drops.
All these things indicated the start of a new day, a new beginning.

It was 7am in the morning, a girl with light brown hair, mesmerizing green eyes and rosy pale skin laid on her bed staring at the ceiling, wondering how her life came to this road. “I just want someone to love me”, she thought.

Suddenly, a noise of something crashing came from downstairs, her living room. She jolted right out of her bed and ran down to her living room.

There she found that one person from whom all the bad news come. Her mom, the famous Jennifer Vitillo.

“Clear all your schedule for this Saturday, we have some important guests coming. I would have never invited you if it was for me but apparently our guests want to see both our daughters.” exclaimed Jennifer.

“But ma'am I have an important meeting this Saturday, can't you just make it without me.”, Maria tried to debate but stopped seeing her mother looking at her with such a venomous look in her eye.

“You think I want you there, you ungrateful bitch, I would have killed you if it was in my hands. Your father wants you to be there, because apparently your uncle Phillips will be there too. I don't know what he sees in you anyways”, saying that her mother gave her a nasty look running her eyes all over her and then made her exit out of Maria's apartment leaving her to drown in her own thoughts.

“Why me. Why me, I made one mistake God, just one mistake. I am guilty for it but I can't take it anymore. It hurts so much, I won't be able to take it anymore.”, sobbed Maria falling on her knees trying to shake herself out of shock.

This was her redemption she thought. She has to pay for what she did, and this was her punishment. She told herself again and again. You deserve it Maria, you deserve it.