Jay Briscoe Part 2

"Dahlia, come on darlin. We gotta go, or we're gonna miss our plane," Jay shouted from the front of the house as I finished brushing my teeth before I picked up my bag and started for the man. "It's your fault I woke up late," I mumbled, following him outside, where Mark was already waiting in the truck. "I didn't hear you complainin'." he shot back, opening the door for me to climb in before he was climbing in as well. "Well, if it ain't my new little sister," Mark cackled, making me groan quietly and blush brightly. "Shut up, chicken," Jay snapped, wrapping his arm around my shoulders, pulling me tight into his side, and pressing his lips to my temple. "I don't even know where we're going, honestly; I didn't think ahead for a plane ticket out of here," I admitted as Mark drove us to the airport, parking in the extended parking lot once we arrived. "So you had no plan if we had said no?" Jay questioned, throwing our bags on his shoulder and leading us inside. "No, not really. I guess I had high hopes," I grinned, looking up at him. "And I knew Chicken wouldn't let me down," I added, bumping the younger man with my hip. "Hell nah, Flower, we're like this," he cackled, twisting his fingers together, "Lord, what'd I get myself into?" Jay mumbled under his breath, making me laugh. "Aw, come on, I'm not that much work," I  whined, following them through security and to our gate. "Just don't ask Cash or Dax if that's true," I added quickly, realizing they would both say I was. "We're going to have to stop at the hotel first so I can grab different clothes before we go to the arena," I mentioned, playing with the bottom of the shirt I had stolen from Jay. "Oh, don't look at me like that. I can't go down to the ring in your t-shirt," I sighed, rolling my eyes at the look the older Briscoe was giving me. "Come on, Darlin, why not?" he smirked, making me roll my eyes. "First, Cash would kill me. Second, I'd give my poor mother a heart attack, and the fans are going to talk enough without me showing up in your clothes." I snorted. "Do you know what hotel room? Do you even know what hotel?" he asked, arching an eyebrow at me. "I will. In like 30 seconds," I mumbled, pulling out to text Cash as they called for our flight to board. "Come on, Darlin," he laughed, leading me over to the doors; thankfully, we had three seats together, and it wasn't a very long flight. I did take the couple-hour flight to catch up on the sleep I had lost the night before. 

I stretched as tall as I could as we walked off the plane. "Our Uber should be outside any minute," I commented, watching the GPS to see if it was getting closer. "Well, let's get moving then," Jay nodded, leading Mark and me through the airport and outside into the bright sun of Orlando. "See, I told you I would know where we had to go," I teased, giving the Uber driver the address of the hotel Cash said they were at. "He just responded to you, didn't he?" Mark snickered, making me frown. "Maybe," I mumbled, leaning into Jay's side as we made the short drive to the hotel everyone was at. "Hey! You made it," Dax shouted, dragging my attention to the two men loading into their vehicle, more than likely to head to the arena. "Barely," I sighed, stepping onto my tiptoes to hug Cash. "Can I have a room key? I need to find clean clothes before I go anywhere else." I scrunched up my nose, trying not to look Cash in the eyes as I could tell he was staring at the shirt I was wearing. "Here you go, kid; we'll meet you at the arena?" Dax commented, passing me the little plastic card. "Yeah, we'll get our room keys; let Dahlia get changed and be on our way." Jay nodded, hand resting gently on my lower back. I tried to step away without making it obvious, giving Cash an innocent smile as he looked between Jay and me with an arched eyebrow. "Yeah, man, no problem. We'll see you guys when you get there." Cash nodded, giving us one last look before he climbed into the car, and we headed inside. "My brother is going to figure out something is going on if you can't keep your hands to yourself," I sighed, looking up at Jay. "It'll be fine, Darlin; now, let's go so we can get to the arena on time." he sighed, leading me inside with a hand on my lower back. 

While the boys checked into their hotel room, I ran up to the room I would be sharing with Dax and Cash, digging through my bags as fast as possible to find something that would look fine for the show. Finding a cropped tank, I slipped out of Jay's shirt and into the ruched top, ensuring the girls were tucked away before I ran back out to the lobby. "Where was that hustle this morning?" Mark asked as I slowed to a stop beside them. "Oh shut up, Chicken, I was tired," I whined, pouting at the man. "Gee, I wonder why," he cackled, jumping away as I went to hit him, "Okay, kids. Knock it off," Jay sounded, turning to see him stepping out of a rental truck. "Let's go before we're late," He added. Mark and I both climbed in so we could head for the arena. "What exactly is the plan for tonight, Darlin?" Jay asked as he parked in the talent parking, and we started our walk for the door. "Dax and Cash are facing Colton and Austin in a rematch for the tag team titles. If Cash and Dax lose," I faded off. "If we lose, we're out of AEW forever," I whispered, hating that my brother and best friend had agreed to this stipulation. 

"Okay, I need to go meet Dax and Cash for their match," I sighed, pushing up from the couch and adjusting my shorts as I approached the door. "Just please, please, please make it down there before I get hurt this time," I sighed, looking between Jay and Mark. "You can count on us, Flower." Mark nodded, giving me a quick hug before I turned to leave, sharing a look with a silent Jay before I went. "Everyone is set?" Cash asked quietly as I walked over to them just inside the curtain. "Yup, I told them whenever it looked like a good spot, preferably before I got hurt again." I nodded. "Let's go, boys." I grinned as their music started playing, meaning it was time for the match. 

I screamed out, barely dodging a clothesline from Ethan Page, and ended up on my butt staring up at the man, my saviors making the roof blow off the place as they pushed through the curtains. "THE BRISCOES!" Tony yelled as Jay and Mark ran down the ramp, immediately going after Stokley and Ethan Page, meaning Cash and Dax now had a fair fight against The Gunn's. "Come on, Cash," I cheered, pushing back up to my feet and over to the ring, slamming my hands against the apron; my attention turned to the ramp as Big Bill and Lee Moriarty ran to help their team. A few seconds later, Jack joined the fight on the ramp; I'm not even sure the match was still going as the fight infiltrated the ring, fists flying this way and that. I didn't dare enter the ring until all of The Firm had been cleared out. I rolled my eyes as Stokley grabbed a microphone as soon as they had. "Shut up!" He yelled as the fans cheered loudly, switching between Dem Boyz and Top Guys. "Dem Boyz, want to get involved in Firm business? Jack Perry wants to get involved in Firm business," he yelled into the microphone, all eyes on him as he spoke. "Everyone will pay for getting in the Firm's way!" he threatened, my eyes rolling as I grabbed my own microphone and stepped towards the ropes. "Stokley shut up," I sighed, the man's mouth opening and closing like a fish out of water. "Why don't we settle this once and for all?" I suggested, looking between the men behind me, who all nodded in agreement. "The Firm versus Jack Perry, Dax Harwood and Cash Wheeler, Mark and Jay Briscoe. A five-on-five eliminator match," I explained, the fans going crazy at the prospect. "And to make it a little bit sweeter for you money-hungry douchebags," I paused again, making sure they were listening. "If the Firm somehow manages to win, Austin and Colten will get a tag team title shot of their choosing." I shrugged, backing up from the ropes while they contemplated their answer. "We'll see you next week!" Ethan was the one to respond, the chants of Top Guys and Dem Boyz taking over the arena once more. I knew this was only the beginning, and judging by Cash's looks in my direction, I wasn't getting by without answering his questions for long.