32

"Don't you dare talk to me like that." Stella screams running down the spiral staircase dressed in black round neck and blue skirt. Zephaniah comes running after her dressed in black joggers and blue skirt.
"What do you mean?"
"Don't treat me like a slave. I'm supposed to be your wife." She retorts.
"Really? I practically do everything for you. I feed you, clothe you, house you, I even sponsor your sister's education. And you're telling me not to treat you like a slave."
"I don't want all of that. You told me to only pretend for two months. Just two months as an assurance for your Mom. I don't even understand you. I clearly said I wasn't interested but you had to blackmail me using my gullible sister. You think this is funny? I can't even live my life. I wanted to start up a business you said no. Now you're telling me stories that don't even connect. Who does that?" She shouts back at him looking him in the face.
"What my mother thinks of me is very important to me..."
"And you think you're man enough?"
"Oh please! At least I have a mother to impress." He mocks and goes to settle on one of the chairs in the living room.
"Zephaniah? Who did you just say?" She asks her eyes widened and bloodshot.
"You heard me."
"Did you just insult me with my mother's demise. You think it's easy to lose your parents in a day and be left with the care of your younger sister? You think it's easy?"
"Then quit the pretense and let me help you. We both know you need help and I have it. We don't have to impress each other or expect too much from each other either. You will be on your lane and I will stay on mine. No issues with anyone."
"You know what? This wedding is off." She says and makes her way to the stairs.
Zephaniah shoots up from the seat as if one that a needle pricks his buttocks. "What did you say?"
"The wedding is off." Stella stands her ground and begins to make her way upstairs.
"You dare not. What will happen to all our plans?"
"You made them. I did not. So it's up to you. Calculate the amount you have spent on my sister and I. I will refund you in a few months. Thanks for housing me too. I will pack out latest tomorrow......." Her voice faces out as she reaches the top of the staircase. Zephaniah's face whitens and he immediately pulls out his mobile phone. He dials a number and the phone rings for a while before the receiver comes on board.
"Hello Jessica."
"Brother Zephaniah. How are you doing?""
"What is your sister doing?"
"What happened? She didn't tell me anything. Is everything okay?"
"Nothing is okay. She just threatened to call off the wedding. And she looks like she is serious. You know how much this means to me, you too."
"I'm really sorry. I'm sure she doesn't mean it. You probably riled her up so much that she couldn't control it. I will reach out to her. She knows how much this will affect us. She can't afford to do that. Please don't be annoyed."
"Please reach out to her and speak to her as soon as possible. She promised to be out of the house by tomorrow. I don't know what to do."
"Apologize to her. Tell your Mom to bring the wedding ceremony nearer. That way, she won't be able to back out. Please do your best you know my education is on the line. Please..."
"Tell that to your sister. I'm trying my best here. We just had a little argument. It wasn't something that big that happened actually. I don't know what is wrong with her."
"I'm sorry. I will call her and get back to you. Thanks."
"Okay then. Thanks." Zephaniah drops the call and hurries up the stairs.
"Stella! Stella! Stella!" He calls as he rushes up.

Wattpadians 💃💃💃💃. Another lesson is here. Don't be envious of people. You don't even know if their life is a fake. Just imagine? The perfect son is not so perfect. Imagine Mrs Chuks seeing her beloved son in this state 😐😐. Most times you're better than those people you're comparing yourself to, they just know how to lie to world more. Be self appreciative, you're doing well.
Yours in Ink; Bethel ™