Chapter three

(Warning mention of child death)
Your pov

We were now walking through the town streets, I was walking between Héctor and Miguel while holding Marí in my arms. She was sleeping peacefully.

"It's not gonna be easy, you know." Héctor told Miguel. "She's a busy woman." He added. I noticed Miguel was walking funny, like my brother. "What are you doing, chico?" I asked, confused.

"I'm walking like a skeleton. Blending in." He told us smiling. "No. That's not how skeletons walk, Miguel." I chuckled. "That's just how my brother walks." I smirked as Héctor frowned. "No, I don't! Stop it!" He huffed, pushing Miguel.

"You are a child." I scolded Héctor, before.

"Whoa!" I looked over and saw Miguel run to the railing and look down. "Ernesto de la Cruz's Sunrise Spectacular!?" He smiled each word, getting louder. I walked over with my brother slowly. "Qué madre!"

Héctor and I scoffed and flipped my h/c hair over my shoulder. "Every year your great great grandmother puts on that dumb show to mark the end of Día de Muertos." Héctor sighed, leaning on the railing. "I hate that woman." I sneered quietly while Héctor wrapped an arm around me.

"And you two can get us in!" Miguel smiled. "Yeah, right." I laughed dryly. "Héctor said that you have front row tickets!" Miguel glared. "That... was a lie. I apologize for that." Héctor smiled nervously. "I swear Héctor." I growled, and María woke up from sleeping.

We noticed the furious look Miguel gave us. "Cool off, chamaco. Come on. We'll get you to her." My brother smiled and pats his head as he walked past Miguel. I followed. "How?" Miguel asked. "Because we know where she has her rehearsals." I told him bluntly. I really don't want to see that woman.

~~~

We got to the building where she was probably rehearsing. Héctor took his arm off and threw it up to a window. His arm knocked. Ceci opened the window and grabbed Héctor's arm. She pointed it down at us. "You better have my dress Héctor!" She yelled before looking at me with a smile. "Ah! Y/n perfect I have a new dress just for you!" She added before throwing Héctor's arm down. "Hola, Ceci." We said simultaneously, and she let's the latter down. Miguel climbed up first before I followed carefully while trying to hold María.

We all climbed through the window. "Y/n! Here." She pushed a dress into my arms, and Héctor took María. "Gracias, Ceci." I smiled. "Ceci, I should mention I lost the dress." Héctor added quickly. Ceci turned around with a furious look. "Ya lo sabía!" She yelled at him. "This is why she likes me more." I whispered to my brother before going behind the changing screen to change out of my dress and into my new one. "I got to dress forty dancers by sunrise!" I heard Ceci cry out. "Thanks to you, I'm one Frida short of an opening number!" She added.

I slowly walked out. "Hey Ceci, can you zip me up?" I asked while María looked at me from Héctor's arms. She smiled and giggled. Héctor and Ceci looked over and gasped. "Ay dios mío." Ceci covered her mouth. "You're absolutely breathtaking." She told me with a smile as she walked over. "Wow, who knew my hermana could dress good." Héctor snickers, making me glare at him. "Says the one with a straw hat." I shot back with a smile and walked over to take María from him.

"How are you feeling?" Héctor asked, putting a hand on my shoulder. "Besides trying to find the woman who killed us and my baby?" I asked with a with a raised eyebrow.' "Well...yes." He said slowly. "I'm angry, but that has... wait. Where's Miguel?" I asked with wide eyes. "Right here -" Héctor pointed to the empty space next to him. My eyes twitched before I quickly walked out of the room. "Bye Ceci!" I heard Héctor yell. "Sorry again!" He added.

We found him finally. "Chico!" I said, running over to the window he was looking out of with one of the celebrities near him. "You can't just run off like that." I scolded him gently. "Stop pestering the celebrities." Héctor added as we started to lead him away. Miguel pulled out of Héctor's hold. "Yiu both said my great great grandmother would be here!" He said, then gestured to the window. "She's halfway across town throwing some big party." He added. Héctor and I walk to the window. "That bum. Who doesn't show up to her own rehearsal?" Héctor scoffed as I rolled my eyes.

"If you three are such good friends, how come she didn't invite you two?" Miguel asked us. "I wouldn't call ud friends." I said lowly and kissed Maria's head. "She's your great great grandmother. How come he didn't invite you?" Héctor snapped back before turning around to look at the violin player. "Hey, Gustavo! Do you know anything about this party?" Héctor asked him. "It's the hot ticket." He told us smiling. "But if you're not on the list, you're never getting in, Chorizo." He smirked. "Hey! It's Chorizo!" A woman pointed at Héctor. They all started to laugh.

"A bunch of idiots that what you all are!" I growled at them. "Chorizo?" Miguel asked, confused. "Oh, this guy's famous! Asked him how he died." Gustavo added. "We don't talk about it because you weren't there." I told Gustavo with a glare. "He choked on some chorizo." Gustavo yelled, and everyone started laughing again. I heard Miguel chuckle, making me hit his arm. "I didn't choke, okay? I got food poisoning, which is a big difference!" Héctor corrected with a huff.

"This is why we don't like musicians." Héctor told Miguel. "They're a bunch of jerks." I added with a nod. "Hey! I'm a musician!" Miguel told us. "You are?" We asked simultaneously.

"If you really want to get to Ernestine, there is that music competition at the Plaza de la Cruz." Gustavo told us with a shrug. "Winner gets to play at his party." He added as he walked away.

I looked at Miguel, who was thinking. "No, no. Chico, you're loco if you think -" I was cut off by Miguel. Who pulled out of my hold. I noticed his hands started to look like ours. "I need to get my great great grandmother's blessing. You know where I can get a guitar?" He asked us. I shared a look with Héctor. Héctor sighed. "We know a guy."

~~~
WOW, TWO UPDATE IN ONE DAY!? THAT'S A RECORD FOR ME! LOL, ENJOY!

Love,
Lavender 💜