Chapter eight

Your pov

Héctor had grabbed his sisters hand in realization, "You poisoned us." Héctor whispered.

Ernesta frowns and reaches her hand out as the twins back face her, "You're confusing movies with reality Héctor."

"All this time, I thought it was just bad luck. And you knew." Héctor whispered, looking at me with a hurt expression.

"I never thought you would -" Héctor was cut off as I spun around and charged at Ernesta and tackled her.

"WHY!?" I cried. "Y/n!" Miguel called out to her with worry. "WHAT DID MY BABY DO TO YOU!?" I scream as I grab Ernesta and continue to hit her to the ground. Ernesta calls for security quickly.

"YOU TOOK MY LIFE AWAY FROM ME! YOU TOOK MY BABYS LIFE!" My screams echo as she was dragged away with Héctor.

"Have them taken care of." I heard Ernesta tell Security. "They're not well."
"I JUST WANT TO SEE MY SON!" I wailed. "Let us go! No! No!" My brother yells.

My brother and I were thrown into a pit and landed in the water.

Héctor helps me onti a rock as my cries fill the cave. "Y/n...did you always know?" Héctor asks me as he hugs me close. "I'm sorry, I was trying to just have us live a normal life." I whispered to him as I hugged him back.

"I wanted to forget." I cried into his chest. "Now I'll never see María again." I sobs.

After a while, we heard a scream and a splash of water. "Miguel." I whispered, seeing the boy.

We started to walk over to the boy who was now soaking wet. I started to feel dizzy, and I fell over a rock. "H-héctor? Y/n?" Miguel calls to us.

"Hey, kid." I smile slightly as Mt brother helps me up.

Miguel runs to us. "Oh Héctor! Y/n!" He hugs us tight, which surprises my brother and I. "You were right." He looks up at us, his eyes full of tears. "I should've gone back to my family." He cries as I start to wipe his tears. "Oh, mi hijo." I whisper. "They told me not to be like de la Cruz, but I didn't listen."

"Hey, it's okay-"Héctor tried.

"I told them I didn't care if they remember me." He told us. "I didn't care if I was on their stupid ofrenda."

I place my hands on his shoulders. "Miguel,  it's okay." I pulled him close as my brother holds both of us close. "It's okay." Héctor repeats.

"I told them I didn't care." He utters as he cries in my arms.

Suddenly, my body and Héctor's body started to glow as we shook, and both went to the ground. "Y/n! Héctor!" Miguel cried and kneeled next to me.

My eyes widened in realization as I looked up. "He's forgetting me. He's forgetting us." I whimper as u looked at Héctor.

"Who?" Miguel asks.

"My son." I told him as Héctor wraps his arms around me, and I placed my head in my hands.

"She's the reason Héctor's been trying to find you a way across the bridge." Miguel realizes.

I look up and turn my head to him. "All I want is to see my boy." I sniffle. "I never should've left Santa Cecilia while I was pregnant." I hissed. "It's my fault." Héctor told me immediately. "I have no one to blame but myself Héctor." I murmur. "I wish I could apologize and introduce María to him. Oh God! María!" I gasp, covering my mouth as I look up.

"Roberto is with her." Héctor reminds me. "I wish I told my son that his mama and hermana were coming home. I loved him so much. Now I'll never see my babies again." I finally realize.