Chapter 3

(Y/N)'s P.O.V.

I've been staying with Amy for a few days now and she made me some really cute dresses, I was wearing a light pink 1950s dress.

(Photo from Google)

I was out on a short walk in the forest when suddenly I heard a twig snap behind me. I swerved around to be face to face with Dr. Eggman.
"Gasp... You." I gasped.
"Why, hello there (Y/N), nice to see you again." He said.
"What do you want?" I yelled as I took a step back.
"I need you to get Shadow off guard, find his weaknesses and report to me about them." He answered. As he took a step forwards he added, "I need someone to handle him as a man."
"No, way. I won't be helping you with anything." I said as I tried to get around him.
He then grabbed my hand, "You help me take down the Ultimate Life Form, and I'll grant you the one thing you desire." He then lifted up my hair and whispered in my ear, "Your freedom."
Once he said that I gasped and looked down.

Time Skip

Once I got home the gang were there. "Hi guys, what's up?" I asked as I closed the door.
"Hi (Y/N), we found a secret Eggman base that has valuable information in it." Sonic answered. "We gathered everyone to see who will go, we only need two people for the job." He added.
"I'll go." Shadow offered.
"Tails should go as well, he has a translator to decode the information." Sonic offered.
"I can go." I offered.
"Thanks (Y/N), but we've got it covered." Sonic said.
"Sonic, I can't translate Eggman's code. His code is notoriously weird." Tails confessed.
That's why I should go, I can read his language." I stated. They all looked at me weirdly.
          "How can you read his language?" Amy asked really confused.
          "I was raised by Dr. Eggman and he taught it to me." I confessed. Everyone but Sonic looked at me in horror. "I found out the day you guys brought me back that he killed my parents when I was five." I added, I looked down to avoid all the petty looks.
          "Well, I guess Shadow and (Y/N) will be working together." Sonic said in order to change the subject.
          "Here is your map, and the sooner you get there the better." Tails said as he gave us a map.
          "Thank you." I said.
          "Let's get a move on." Shadow spoke as he walked out the door.
          "Coming." I yelled as I ran to catch up to him.
          "Oh, (Y/N), here is a hard drive to download the information on." Tails yelled as he ran to give it to me.
          "Oh, thanks." I said.

Time Skip

          "Is this the place?" I asked.
          "Looks like it." Shadow answered. We stood outside of the cave entrance. When Shadow started walking in I just stood there.
          "You coming?" He asked as he turned around to find me not moving.
          "Yea, sorry." I snapped out of it and joined Shadow in the cave. We walked for a little bit until we found the central control station. As I walked up to the control station Shadow wondered around to make sure it was safe. I logged on and and found the blue prints for his plans, they looked like 4 huge robots. I put the hard drive in, and once I hit download the ground started shaking.
          "Woah, Shadow where are you?" I yelled.
          "I'm over here, it's an earthquake, get under the table, I'll come get you." He yelled back. I did as told and hid under the table covering my head. Shadow finally got under as well and covered me as well. "Hold on, this will be over soon." He said as braced himself.