~Chapter three: mysteries under black lights~

John was looking through files with the picture of the man pulled up beside. Jack was reading through the journal. John kept coming up with nothing, no one was matching the man. "UGH! Still nothing! It's like this guys dead!" John groans. He keeps looking for a possible match. Jack kept flipping through the notebook. "Maybe try looking through obituaries?" Jack commented. "Hm, maybe a good idea" John responded as he pulled up obituaries.

Jack kept finding blank pages. "Hm, there's some blanks-" Jack muttered. "That's- pretty odd, might be a good idea to talk to shot-" John stopped dead in his tracks as he stared at his screen. "What John?" Jack asked, wondering why John fell silent. "Jack, I need you to come look at this-" John muttered. Jack got up and walked to him. "Yeah? What's up John?" He responded. John silently gestured to the screen. "Oh- oh" Jack mumbled in shock and fear. "Yeah." John responded.

The duo stumbled upon the obituary of a man by the name Atticus andromeda. The text read:

'Atticus Andromeda

Atticus Andromeda age 25, passed away on october 13th 2010 in a devastating fire that killed three and injured five. He was born October 13th 1985 to xx and xx andromeda. Husband to lila andromeda and father to skid andromeda.-'

Jack and John look back and forth from each other and the page. "I wasn't thinking that would work-" Jack muttered. "Y-yeah, so either this guy is dead-" John spoke with a nervous tone. "Or this case is going to go much deeper than we thought." Jack shuttered, worrying a bit. "I think this case is going to be a lot deeper then we wanted John-" Jack replied.

Shotgun and captain waddled in to see what was going on. "Hey John, is everything alright?" captain asks, seeing the duo looking royally spooked. "Not really- finding out more about the cult, we found an obituary for what seems to be the leader." John responds. Shotgun waddled over to the still opened journal as captain walked to Jack and John. As the three discussed, Shotgun looked at the book. "Hey Jack?" shotgun asked. During the time Jack and John were gone, shotgun slowed down to an understandable rate. "Yes shotgun?" Jack responded. "Have you thought about putting this under a blacklight?" shotgun questioned as he fished out a small flashlight. "No actually- why do you ask?" Jack walked over to shotgun. "Just want to try something!" shotgun replied as he turned on the flashlight, revealing it was a blacklight. "Why do you have that shotgun??" Jack asked, confusion filled his voice. "Don't ask." shotgun says bluntly. "O-ok-" Jack stammered out. "Shotgun please don't get defensive over a flashlight!" captain asserted. "Got it cap!" shotgun replied. He shined the light on a blank page. Writing was revealed underneath, all hidden by invisible ink. "Holy-" Jack cut himself off as he looked more closely at the writing. It was a message.

'When will the torment end, simple movements makes my body ache, my bones feel like they crack and crumble with a breath, the ink makes my skin crawl as it creeps ever more up my body. I am drowning in it and can't swim. There is not a glimpse of hope for my accursed soul'

"Oh jeez-" shotgun commented. "Who wrote that??" Jack sounded almost terrified. Shotgun looked at the page. "I think the cult leader? I mean I think this book belongs to whoever leads the cult. Only makes sense" shotgun stated.