Part 1

1

Voldemort silently stared at the two toddlers that were lying in their crips. There were both a girl and a boy, the boy was crying and screaming at the top of his lungs while the girl lay there glaring at him. These two were the potter twins, one of them was destined to destroy him and he could not allow that to happen. He decided to kill the girl first before going after the boy, after all, she was already trying to stand her ground while her brother was just screaming.

Voldemort pointed his wand at the baby girl and cast the killing curse. He watched as it flew at her and right when it was about to hit her there was a burst of powerful magic and the killing curse got sent back to him. He was so shocked he wasn't able to dodge out of the way which meant the curse hit his body, rendering it to dust while his spirit flew out of the cottage. He was unaware that a piece of his soul had broken off and tried to latch onto the girl but was obliterated by the leftover magic in the air.

The female Potter gave a small yawn before closing her eyes and going to sleep, unaware that something miraculous had just happened that would help her out years in the future.

Within minutes Dumbledore rushed into the house, he first stopped to check on James and was shocked to find him still alive. Voldemort had apparently only stunned him before going upstairs. Dumbledore revived him rushed upstairs with James hot on his heels as soon as he gained his barrings.

"LILY!" James screamed as he barged into the nursery and knelt next to Lily, looking relieved when he found that she was alive too. He wondered why they had both been stunned but he didn't care about that at this moment.

While James was checking and reviving Lily, Dumbledore was over at the cribs trying to figure out which child had vanquished Voldemort. First, he checked them both for a mark, the girl had a small lightning bolt-shaped cut on her forehead while the boy had a larger V-shaped cut on his cheek. Dumbledore then checked their magical cores and decided that it was the boy who had defeated Voldemort.

The boy had a V on his cheek which clearly represented Voldemort, he also had more magic than his sister. He gently lifted up the boy and turned to the child's parents with a wide smile. "May I introduce, Damian Godric Potter, the Boy who lived!"

James and Lily shared wide smiles and took Damian in their arms and started praising him for something he hadn't even done. Everyone had forgotten the second Potter twin that was there that night.

It would be years before anyone would find out the truth of what truly happened this night but until then there was a young girl who would be neglected and ignored.

The true child who lived, Ember Viola Potter.

Ember woke up in a cold sweat, eyes darting around her room before she relaxed when confirming that it had just been a dream. Well, maybe not a dream, more like a memory. She had once again dreamed of the day that Monster had come into her life and ruined everything.

She slowly sat up while rubbing the scar on her forehead with a frown. After that Halloween night things slowly changed, her parents no longer had any time for her, instead, they had a house-elf take care of her. Ember had to teach herself how to do most things she knew. She taught herself how to read and write from the books in the Potter Family library.

Ember had the house-elf help her learn math, basic math like 1+1=2. Ember learned the more difficult maths on her own. Since she had nothing else to do she had focused on trying to memorize and read every single book in the house and she believed she had made good progress.

Ember got up, knowing that she would never be able to get back to sleep after that dream so she walked to her bathroom to grab some water. After she had got her water she walked back into her room and took a look around with a frown.