Part 10

Ember rushed into her potions room the next day with a smile, she gently took the gem out of the mold and set it down. She then sat down in the same chair she had when waiting for Pearl and decided to read the progress reports for her stores along with a report on how things went yesterday after she left the store.

While reading she made a note to give a couple of the werewolves working for her a small raise, they managed to stop several people from causing a ruckus in her store, they also stopped people who thought they could shoplift from her store. Honestly, that was a kindness since her wards were set to detain the shoplifter while alerting the DMLE to come to pick the perp up.

Afterward, the store would press charges against the person for trying to leave the store without paying. Of course, accidents did happen sometimes, like a kid accidentally putting a small toy in their pocket, in that case, the employees would reassure the kid and their parents that there would be no problems if the kid just returned the toy or the parents paid for it.

Like Ember said, accidents happened and she didn't want to be responsible for a child getting sued for an accident when they weren't old enough to know better.

Ember's head snapped up in joy when the bright light filled the room and started to form a humanoid shape around the floating Jasper.

Jasper had pale orange hair that flowed down her back, orange skin with reddish markings all over it. She wore a light green tank top, with black stripes going through it, meeting in the middle of the tank top to form a diamond that was a darker green than the tank top itself.

She wore camo cargo pants and had her Gem on her shoulder. She did that weird diamond salute thing that Pearl did the first time she had been formed.

"My Diamond, thank you for giving me life." Ember walked over, stars in her eyes. "You're perfect! I can't wait to show you to Pearl, but just so you know please do not call me your Diamond if anyone but me, Pearl, or Bibby are there."

Jasper looked confused, blushing slightly at being called perfect by her Diamond. "May-May I ask why My Diamond?" Ember nodded, "I would be upset if you didn't ask me something if it confuses you. The people of this planet don't have gems besides me, you, and Pearl and if they were to find out about us then we would be taken away and experimented on."

Jasper was horrified, "I would never let that happen to you My Diamond!" Ember smiled at them softly, "I know you wouldn't, I know that if anything happens you would fight to keep me safe, but there are people on this planet that have an ability called magic. I'll give you some books you can read about magic later."

"For now, let me show you to your new room." Ember took Jasper's hand in hers and led her to the room right next to Pearl's. "This room will be yours, you can decorate it however you wish. That room is Pearl's, if you need to talk to another Gem you can talk to her. Just know that I prefer her to be herself and not what Pearls are 'supposed' to be like."

Ember looked up at Jasper, eyes going soft. "I want you to be yourself, it might take time for you to figure out who that is but I don't want you to try and be something you're not. I don't want you to simply dedicate all your time to me, I don't want a sevent or a body gaurd, I want a friend that I can trust to tell me when they think I might be wrong."

"We might fight but know that I would never harm you or Pearl no matter what, I want a true family that trusts and loves each other, who fights but then comes back together and makes up."

Her voice went soft and sad, "I never had that before I made Pearl and met Bippy, I want my family to grow and now it has, but you need to figure out what you like to do, what you don't like, figure out who you are and not what you were programmed to be."