Part 11

Ember spent the next few months helping Jasper adjust to how things were done, she made sure she still spent time with Pearl and on her studies. Before Ember knew it was her birthday, she had forgotten about it again so, when she walked into the kitchen to grab something to eat she was surprised when Jasper and Pearl yelled, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY GREEN DIAMOND!"

Ember stared before tearing up which freaked out the two gems, they started trying to apologize for upsetting her when Ember hugged them both tight, sniffling softly.

"No one has ever wished me happy birthday before." Jasper and Pearl shared a look before they both hugged Ember.

It was at times like this that Pearl remembered that her Diamond was still a child in earth terms, and if Pearl was being honest with herself, her Diamond was a child mentally still as well. Sure, she might be more mature and able to act like an adult when needed but she was still mentally a child, even if she hated acting childish.

Ember tried so hard to act like an adult all the time and Pearl could tell it wasn't good for her so she did things to help Ember relax and act like the child she was once and awhile.

Pearl made sure to make the entire day special for Ember so she could relax, for breakfast they had Ember's favorite breakfast and after that, they played some party games. Pearl wasn't sure if these games would appeal to her Diamond but since Ember was laughing and having the time of her life playing them, Pearl thought she did something right.

After they finished playing games they had lunch and sang happy birthday to Ember before cutting the cake. Ember was beaming the entire time and that meant the world to Pearl and Jasper.

After the three had finished their pieces of cake Jasper and Pearl led Ember over to her gifts. Ember stared with wide eyes, she thought she would get gifts! She knew her brother did but the only gift she could ever remember being given was the book on Gems, she treasured that thing. It had been what allowed her to get her family after all.

They handed over the gift that Grinlast had sent first, Grinlast had been told by the higher-ups that he was to do everything he could to make sure the Princess was happy with the bank. Even if he hadn't been told that he would have sent a small gift though.

The gift was earings that would warn Ember whenever someone tried to cast compulsions on her and help protect her from them. Ember decided that she needed to get her ears pierced right away, the earings were made of white gold and had a small green emerald on each one. They were perfect for her.

There was also a necklace in there that had a small white flower charm hanging from it. There was also a note in the box so she opened it and started to read.

Dear Princess Ember

Please accept these earrings and necklace on behalf of the goblin nation. The earings are charmed to alert you whenever someone tries to use any compulsion spells on you, including the imperious spell. The earrings will also help protect you from most of them, this is due to the small diamonds in each earring.

The gems are actually charged with magic, the magic is not unlimited of course so after each day you will want to recharge the earrings with magic again. This way they can continue to keep you safe.

The necklace on the other hand is to allow you to go into the muggle world, or even the magical one, without anyone noticing that you are anything but human. This means that no one would notice the green diamond in your chest. It will also function the same exact way as the one we gave you when we first started doing business together. Please accept this updated version.