2. Ola, Mariposa

The mansion was among the few places she wouldn't like to pick for a vacation home but away from home. It was patrolled like a jackpot and reck of chemical liquids, thanks to her uncle's habit of breaking jawlines and horns, boiling them, and placing them on his wall as a sort of accomplishment before letting the lifeless corpse drown back to the deeps of the backyard lake. It smell really nasty, you couldn't even enjoy a barbeque without having your stomach turn.

It didn't seem to upset Crimson, on the contrary, it kinda excited him, like he had some kind of fucked up killing fetish, she still wonder how he manage to lay someone as nice as aunty, she probably felt pitty for him.

In their youth, hers and Moxie's, poor soul he died so young. They weren't even allowed into the living room, it was an adult-exclusive zone where her dad and Crimson would drink wine and smoke weed. Her mom was there too, but not too often, mostly she was with aunty talking about, well, she didn't know.

She was very young then, a todd, just like poor Moxmox, Lucifer bless him. She still couldn't believe he died in that thievery. Rather than that the home didn't change much, she took an intense risk scanning the place around every time she went to the bathroom for her " monthly needs", luckily Crimson refused to ask more questions and just told her to be careful and not "stain" his bed sheets, and that gave her the chance to see where and when she can sneak out.

If she learned something from her dad, it was having an eye for details, little things like escapes and unguarded areas, a hole into a wall there, a cracking locket here, an open window.

As far as she saw in the 48 hours she's been there all the shifts change around 14:30 leaving her a 10 minutes gap until the new sharks start the patrols around the yard. She intended to go down the laundry gutter, landing next to the trash and run the opposite direction to avoid the cameras. She already emailed Jose to pick her at the end of the street in 20 minutes, no way she was missing Veroska, she was her biggest fan.

Besides, uncle was buzzy with work, he couldn't take her to the concert himself, so why bother him with it? She was just going to go, lisen to a few melodies, and return before he would even notice she was missing. Whats he worst that could happen, right?

Waiting for the clock to strike 30 she crept past the gorillas- eh, sharks by hiding under furniture pieces until she could jump in the laundry underpass and crawl down to the trash container landing on the pile with a gracious jump. Well, you know rich girls, they all had that one gymnast dream.

One look to the left, one to the right, she exhale with ease, luckily no one was around. Sighing with relief she tiptoed to Jose's van jumping onto the passenger seat.

" You did it, girl!" he snickered," I thought you would never come," he put his seat belt on," Ok, we gtg 3 rings down so hold on tight!" he started the engine with a loud purr, it was kinda noisy but expected from an old car such as Bassy, Jose did build it from scratch after finding it in the dump.

" Bitch can you believe we will see Verosika MayDay in the flesh?!"

" You know it, girl! Her songs are such a turn-on."

Her eyes sparkle, foam almost forming at her mouth.

" You think she will sing Vacancy to Bone town?"

" Well see, " Jose wiggles his brows," I want her to autograph my belly shirt."

" No way! I have nothing to sign," she crossed her hands to her chest," what will I do if I meet her? What will she sign?"

Jose troughs for a minute rubbing his chin with his free hand that wasn't maneuvering the wheel.

" IDK slut, your tits? Why are you so sure you will meet her anyway? We don't even have a front seat ticket."