4 | stolen kisses & secret manuscripts

stolen kisses & secret manuscripts

Ryle had a hard time believing that this was actually happening. He had only ever dreamed of this.

He was on the dance floor with Cate in his arms. She had one hand pressed on his shoulder, the fingers of the other wrapped around his hand as they swayed to the music. His free hand was around her delectable round waist. He was fighting with his will to not slide his hand lower like a creep, low enough to brush his palm along her ass.

"Tony looks cute," Cate said, her fluttering voice moving him out of his thoughts which were lingering on her lips as her flowery perfume ensnared him. "Should I kiss him?"

"Tony is a creep. He'd take that as an invitation to go further...pester you..." He cringed, lying without a thought.

Tony was a good man but if Cate was thinking of kissing him, Ryle had a problem in his hands.

Cate worried her lip while Ryle felt his cock hardening with her every movement. He moved her around the room where the strobe lights bathed her in a glow that changed colors. She was illuminating; his chest felt lighter the more he exchanged steps with her, His black Nikes brushing the toe of her heels. Their steps were in sync, and Cate looked at him like he was woven from her best dreams.

"I could kiss Ron. He looks like someone who would fit with me."

"He won't..." Ryle pulled her closer, pressing her body with his, their chests heaving when they touched. "There's only one here who would fit well with you."

Cate hitched a breath as he guided them to a secluded corner of the dance floor, away from the crowd that had no clue which world they were lost in. In here, Ryle's hold around her loosened, his hands not letting go still. She was so warm, and soft everywhere he touched. Being with her was a rush of ecstasy, tormenting him like temptation irresistible.

"Who?" Cate asked, her voice a whisper that fanned his lips.

They were a mix of hot breaths and unholy thoughts. The bubble that they were wrapped in felt safe, keeping their intuitions at bay. Ryle lifted a hand, his thumb pressing against her cheekbone as he dragged his finger to a tendril of Cate's hair, moving the bouncy black nuisance away from her eyes. Cate remained quiet, her throat bobbing as she swallowed while keeping her eyes on him, deep brown eyes that Ryle could drown in.

He leaned toward her, his forehead pressing to her temple, lips grazing her earlobe. He felt her shiver when he moved in like that, pretending that he wasn't affected.

"Who do you really want to kiss, Cate?" he questioned. "Don't lie this time."

Cate's lips parted, her breath pulling in when she met Ryle's eyes with hers. "You mean?"

"Who is it that you really wanna kiss, kitty Cate? You don't want to kiss Tony or Ron or Martin."

"How can you say that?"

"Because you don't look at them with that hunger in your eyes," he stated. "I have seen you. You aren't desperate for them, that hunger that could only be satisfied with a kiss."

"Okay...now you're just babbling nonsense." Cate tried to pull herself away from him while rolling her eyes.

Ryle wouldn't let go. He held her in place firmly and she glanced at him with widened eyes. "I'm not babbling nonsense."

"Ryle—"

"No, listen." He hushed her with a finger pressed against her plump lips. "Haven't you ever had a moment when you're dying to kiss someone so much that you had the urge to sneak with them somewhere to steal a few moments of their life just for yourself? Haven't you ever had a secret rendezvous that made you blush at random moments when you remembered it? Haven't you ever had this intense need just to feel close to someone, to need their touch with such a craving that you felt hot all over? You have, haven't you?'