6 | stay the night

stay the night

"Chocolate or vanilla?"

"I don't do well with vanilla. My tastes are a little deranged," answered Ryle with a cocky smile, the intentions of which weren't a stranger to Cate.

She shook her head, observing the flavors in the cart. There were a total of four and Ryle wasn't craving any of them like the way he was craving a taste of Cate as her hair blew softly against the breeze under the ominous night.

"I meant the ice cream," Cate said.

"Huh...cream...Don't even remind me of cream," Ryle continued to tease as he placed a hand to rest on the cart, his arm brushing Cate's who sneaked a glance at the distance between them which was paper thin.

"There's something seriously wrong with you."

"Can't help it when you're near."

This time he managed to make her smile too, breaking her strict facade. She ordered a butterscotch for herself and then turned to Ryle.

"Which one do you want?" she asked.

'You' — that's what he stopped himself from saying, choosing more acceptable words instead. "Mint chip chocolate."

"You're lucky this one has that. All the others mostly replaced that with strawberry," Cate remarked.

The vendor worked on their orders and soon, both were holding a cone for each of their favorite flavors. The night was buzzing with the people of New York bustling along the streets but through them, Ryle found a spot upon a pavement where they both sat side by side.

Cate moaned when she licked her butterscotch, catching Ryle's attention as he watched her pink tongue lick the cream with devotion. His eyes stared, his brain forgetting the ice cream in his hand which was already starting to melt. Cate's eyes were closed like she was enjoying pure bliss. He felt his cock rising with every swipe of her tongue around the cone, the sounds of the city losing their meaning in a mix of background noises that couldn't cut off the sounds Cate made.

As if she was suddenly aware of his attention, Cate opened her eyes, snapping the brown orbs toward him.

"What?" she demanded, lips shaping into a frown.

Ryle snapped out of his mesmerized moment, blinking as he looked at his ice cream where some of the cream had melted to fall on his hand.

"Never did watching someone lick their ice cream turn me on like that," he confessed, not bothering to lie.

Cate's blush was so abrupt that she turned her head away quickly as if she didn't want him to notice it but Ryle already did. When it came to her, he never failed to notice anything. If she were a book character, she would be his favorite fantasy to imagine himself with.

"What else is there about me that turns you on?" Cate asked with a sly tone, catching a layer of dribbling cream on her tongue before it dropped.

Ryle took a lick off his minty one, the freezing sensation adding a chill to his body. Ice creams definitely tasted better in cool weather than they did during summer. Summers made it quicker for these things to melt and one had to eat them quicker. Winters allowed for proper enjoyment of the flavor.

"Hmm...hard to pick one..." Ryle hummed. "I get turned on when we're doing nothing but quarreling over a piece of paper."

"Is it some kink of yours or am I special?"

How could he tell the truth to her that she was nothing but special? If she weren't then he wouldn't be having fuzzy feelings in his chest every time she was near.