02.

FEAR MAKES YOU HUMAN

Allison had been waiting at the boarding house for a while now, her legs close to her chest, she hadn't seen anybody yet, or well nobody had seen her, earlier she'd seen Alaric slowly walking up to the boarding house through the window, most likely looking for Damon, she didn't know why everyone was most likely at the Gilbert household with Elena. One of the main reason that she wasn't at her house right now was because she wanted to be alone, it was a good thing too considering what ever happened to her during, what she had begun calling 'The change', was acting up and causing tremors to be released when she felt a strong emotion, the other reason being that she knew they would be there they always where and she just wasn't ready for people to know.

Unfortunately for Allison every time she even thought about wanting something it was put to shame by fate, as Damon Salvatore walked through the big wooden door, she knew it was him the second she heard the footsteps, apparently she could hear better now too, she stood up when he opened the door, she waited for him to look at her but he kept his eyes focused on the floor tears in his eyes.

"Damon.." her voice was soft and gentle, in a way you could hear the way she'd been crying, he looked up at her not believing it at all what he heard, the voice of the girl not only two days he'd seen encased in stone

"I..." he began to say but she saw him shake his head and within not even a second he sped up to her and trapped her in his arms hugging her with everything he had "I.. I.. I thought you were dead" Damon had begun crying subtly she could see it, but this time they were tears of happiness, Allison finally began hugging him back, tears present and flowing everywhere from the both of them.

"I..." she was sobbing so much she could barely talk "I... I thought I was" It was paining her too even think about it, she was scared it was all so much to take in, so she kept hugging him with everything she had, she hadn't calmed down even with his arms securely around her it was too much, everything began shaking bottles of bourbon and other various alcohols shaking of the shelves, she looked up at Damon the man she trusted with her life and anything to do with herself

"It.. It keeps happening" she kept sobbing but she knew she needed to tell him "Ever...Ever since I came out of the..the stone everything keeps...shaking"

Damon was shocked to say the least the girl in front of him who he had watched grow and learned to love the girl who he thought to be as innocent as a baby, was somehow doing this, Mystic falls never had earth quakes and definitely not ones that where only secluded to the room they were in. He had let her out of the hug and sat her down and to try and calm the young Gilbert down.

After the revelation of Allison's new found powers, Damon thought it suited not to add the extra pressure of knowing that he had been bitten by Allison's beloved Friend Tyler Lockwood during their sweet little rescue mission a few nights ago, luckily for him his symptoms hadn't begun yet or well they had, his head was feeling lighter and lighter by the second.

But right here, right now the girl who stood before him finally calming down, the only other person he would want to be with in this second was his brother but he was off somewhere trying to find a cure but Damon knew that wasn't going to happen so he quickly lifted the girl up off the sofa and wrapped her in another comforting hug, comforting more himself rather than her,

"Don't you ever scare my like that.... ever again"

© 2015 Laura McMillan. All Rights Reserved

DISCLAIMER: [SADLY, I DO NOT OWN THE VAMPIRE DIARIES. ALL RIGHTS GO TO L.J SMITH, JULIE PEC, AND KEVIN WILLIAMSON. I ONLY CLAIM MY ORIGINAL CHARACTERS]