Chapter 3: Can't take it back now

Kies POV

eventually we found a movie and started watching it. JJ occasionally eating one of the stale crackers he had brought.

After a while, JJ set his empty beer bottle and now half empty wrapper on the floor and he leans over, laying his head down in my lap and kicking his boots up on the arm of the couch

"Oh, yea, sure go right a head" I say sarcastically as he does it anyways

"Don't mind if I do" he says, grabbing an old blanket off the floor and throwing it on him self

He looks up at me with his playful blue eyes and snuggles up in the blanket.

"This what John b and I do all the time, trust" he jokingly reassured, still looking up at me

I laugh at the thought of that

"Whatever" I say, not knowing where to put my hands.

After getting my approval, he turns his head and goes back to watching the movie. I put my hand down and started to play with his hair

"Mm bro your gonna make me fall asleep" he says, relaxed

"You want me to stop?" I ask, taking my hand of his head

"No" he says, grabbing my hand and putting it back in his hair.

I laugh, and we stay like that for a while longer.

Eventually though, I started to get tired. I looked down at JJ, who was already half asleep and smiled. He looked so peaceful.

I tried scooting my body over so that it would be easier for me to lay my head down. He noticed and sat up so that I could move. Once I was comfortable I grabbed his shoulder and pulled him back down into my lap.

I lay my arm on the armrest of the couch, putting my head down, still playing with JJs hair with the hand I layed on. My other arm now rested across JJs chest.

He tilted his chin up to look at me, meeting my eyes immediately since I was already looking at him

We both smile and went back to watching the movie, Eventually, both of us falling asleep.

After an hour or so I start to wake up after feeling JJ toss and turn in my lap. I open my eyes to see that JJ was wake too and was sitting up

"What are you doing" I ask in a whisper

He looks back, not realizing that I had woken up

"I thought I heard something" he says paranoid, looking back into the darkness. The tv was off now and the only light we had was coming from a small dim light in the kitchen.

JJ got up to go investigate, taking his gun with him. I wasn't too sure how I felt about him having access to a fire arm,  but ig in this instance it came in handy. He came back a few minutes later after checking every room.

"We're good" he says sitting back down on the couch, this time really close to me.

We stayed up for another 30 minutes just talking. He actually started opening up to me, talking about his dad and things that happened when he was a kid. Maybe it was just the late night, but I was starting to see a different side of JJ.

"Well" he says looking down "mention anything I said tonight to anyone and I kill you" he jokes looking back at me.

I laugh and hold out my pinkie while he starts laying back down on my lap

"Your secrets safe with me JJ, don't worry" I say, he sits up a little and locks pinkies with me.

"Thanks" he smiles, looking at me with his deep, ocean blue eyes

I smile, expecting him to lay back down, but he doesn't. He stays there, just looking at me like he was waiting for me to say something, or hoping that I would say something.

I've never felt this way before. He was right in front of me, looking into my soul, the silence was so loud.

I don't know why... but I sort of started to lean in, getting closer to his face, our pinkies still locked, he puts his hand on his chest, so I leaned in even closer so I didn't have to extend my arm as much.

I drop our pinkies, not moving back, if anything just getting closer, I look at him, the tension building until I just couldn't take it anymore.  I slowly put my hand on the side of his face, and kiss him.

He kissed me back at first, but then pulled away.
"Kie?" He says with a confused look on his face

Oh why did I do that. I felt so stupid. I couldn't tell if he was mad or not. He just kept looking with the weirdest expression of confusion and disbelief. His eyes bouncing from one of my eyes to the other. I couldn't even talk I felt so dumb

I start blinking faster and looked down, pushing my hair behind my ear. I was so embarrassed.

{thank you all for readingg!!! Stay tuned to see what happens next:)))}