Chapter 7: Deny, Deny, Deny

Kies POV

I went back home and took a shower. I couldn't get him out of my head. The way he looked at me in the car. The way we almost kissed again. What is happening??

I need to stop thinking about him. I wish I could just go back in time, and not kiss him that night so that this feeling would go away.

I got out of the shower and started to get dressed. As I did, I saw JJs shirt of the floor and decided to put it back on. It still smelt like him and it was so comforting.- Oh my god this can't be happening. JJ has been my BEST friend for too long for me to throw it all away just because he's a really good kisser. Yea, maybe that's all it is. He's just a good kisser... yea that's all. I don't like him...

Oh who am I kidding- it's his eyes, his smile, his laugh. It's everything about it him.

Thoughts like these went through my head all night, and it was so hard to fall asleep. It was late, but eventually I did.

The next morning I woke up to a knock on my door. I was still really tired but got up and quickly opened it.

"Hey" I yawned, leaning on the door and saw my dad.

"Hey Kiara your late for school, you might want to get dressed" he laughed a little, seeing me still half asleep

"Oh, crap" I sighed "okay thank you" I said starting to close the door but noticed my dad looking at me suspiciously

"Wait who's is that" he asked, pointing at my shirt.

shit.

My whole body was sent a wave of nerves as I tried to come up with something.

"What do you mean?" I asked, stalling

"Your shirt, that's not yours" he said

"Oh" I said, pretending like I just realized "it's John bs, he let me borrow it the other day when we were surfing cuz he felt bad that he accidentally dropped mine in the water." I lied. I wouldn't dare bring JJs name into this. My parents both already hated him enough. They could stand pope and John b but they absolutely hated JJ.

"Then why are you wearing it now?" He asked

Shit that was a really good question

"Well, I mean I just got out of the shower and needed a T-shirt and this one's really comfortable" I lied "I didn't really put much thought into it"

"Okay" he said, maybe still a little skeptical but he dropped it.

I went back in my room and rushed to get ready. That was a close one and I really hope he believed my lie.

After getting ready I went to my car and drove to school. I managed to get there just on time as the bell rang and I ran to my class.

I got there and sat down next to sarah. I had that class with her, John b, and JJ. Pope of course had mostly AP classes so we didn't have many together.

John b and JJ weren't there yet but they were normally late so we didn't think anything of it.

"Hey" she smiled as I sat down.

"Hey" I said a little out of breathe.

I got my notebooks out and got situated

"Where's JJ?" She smirked

"Your not funny" I said, giving her a dirty look and she laughed

I went back to my backpack and grabbed a pen and when I sat back up, Sarah was still smirking at me.