Chapter 10) Like Flashlights (Part II)

The grass around him was fluttering with vibrant colors. He hadn't much noticed it on the way to the facility. Although, Raika hadn't thought about much of anything after arriving there.

Feeling the vibrant wind claw and stream at his face and hair was enough.

Though only for his environmental demands, his emotional demands were steadily rising like a balloon. He would finally pay Browning back today for stealing Sabertooth. And his new Animagi would make sure of that.

While back inside Raika dawdled around the barracks as usual by getting something to eat and drink. Then later excusing himself to the men's room.

It was there he sat in wait, staring with hopeful eyes at the crest now glued around his wrist. He saw its abilities before his mind's eye. Raika thought and thought about all that could make this creature something to be feared during combat. The eyes itself seemed to him like that of an avenger-which had drawn him to it in the first place.

A 'knock knock' thudded at the stall door. "You in there Crester Raika, sir?" Raika said an affirmative yes only for the man to continue. He rambled off how he was to meet someone ASAP. And Raika's mind's eye cued in on the memory of the first day he woke up at home after that month.

"The Lieutenant wants to see me? Where?"

The soldier told him and then Raika presumed he walked away for footfalls dropped as he moved.

Raika hurried the heck out of there, for he had to see the man who started all this. The one that met him and his family, the one that told him about his future. Lieutenant John Jesse, the one who bore the centaur crest.

* * *

"Nice to see you again, Raika." A warm voice popped behind him.

Raika turned backwards where he stood awaiting to be let into Jesse's cabin. Sweat had already begun to wash his forehead. He felt like he'd choked on acid when he saw her again. It was Raven.

She was gradually holding a dagger strapped to her waist. It looked sleek and smooth just like herself. Her hair looked brighter in the sunlight, a more lighter black. One of the strands fell down between giving a more flawed appeal. It made Raika want to fix it but his hands stayed clutched to his sides.

"Err-yeah. You too. I guess." Raika replied tasting spit. "Why are you still here?"

Raven smirked. Her hips tossed to the left as her head shoved forward and she got closer-much closer. "Thought I'd see you naked one last time, if that's ok?"

Raika couldn't help it. He started to burst out laughing. His voice rising past it's usually low octave. Raven gave him a strange look, her cheeks puffing up and spiking a tinge of red.

"Y'know I was just kidding right?" Raven gawked;her eyes staring back at him like a plush teddy bear.

Before he could answer the door opened, promptly silencing the two flirts.

"Who-the-hell-is-being-so-damn-loud-out-here!!"

Raika would've known that voice anywhere. It was the loud-mouthed DA, Darill.

The door popped open suddenly and Raika cheerily glanced at the guy, remembering his foghorn voice in the mornings. For a brief moment Raika laughed at the circumstances, it was as if he were taking Raven on a date but first wanted to check in with her father first.

"Oh. It's you." Darill grunted. "What do you want?"

Raika stepped back a step, then addressed the man in a sunny tone. "Lieutenant JJ summoned us, well, me. Something about Browning."