01

Kanade looked into her laptop screen as she watched you at your desktop, skillfully remixing a J-pop song from your world.

Recently, Miku had found a way to get into contact with other worlds since the band and the melancholy virtual singer were desperate to find a way to bring Mafuyu out of her crisis.

She had been getting more and more isolated from the rest of group, and completely deleted her Nightcord account.

Everyone was concerned for her safety, especially Kanade.

Recently, while being worried sick for Mafuyu's wellbeing, she had become obsessed with turning on the Empty Sekai's laptop, that was used to glimpse into other worlds, and just... watch you.

Kanade had gained lots of inspiration from your remixes. Both of you would sit there for hours, one watching and enjoying, the other putting together magnificent remixes of popular songs.

She knew if you reached out and created original music on your own, you'd be just as successful as the Idol group, ASRUN.

Well... before they broke up.

Ena had entered the Sekai and rolled her eyes when she saw Kanade at the laptop again.

"Kanade, don't you have anything better to do?" She asked as she sat next to the quiet girl.

"Huh? Oh... what could be better than this?"

Ena opened her phone and scrolled through her social media account, looking to see if she had gotten any new likes on her new post.

"Oh... I don't know, maybe helping us compose some songs? We haven't released anything in months!"

Kanade kept her cold eyes on the screen as you jammed to your newest remix. "We can't make music without Mafuyu... It won't be the same."

Ena turned off her phone and frowned. She knew Kanade was right, and it killed her.

Nightcord at 25:00 wouldn't be able to continue making new music without Mafuyu.

On your side of things, you had your headphones in, bopping your head slightly to the remix you were configuring.

You jumped as your jams were interrupted by your music glitching tremendously loud.

A girl with long, light blue hair appeared on your screen for a split second before everything went back to normal.

Your heart was thumping out of your chest as your mind tried to piece together what you just saw.

"...what?" You asked yourself.

You quickly saved your progress, turned off your laptop and stumbled out of your chair.

"Mom! Dad!" You yelled as you tripped on clutter in your bedroom.

You walked into the hallway of your shared home and said "Dad, my computer is acting weird... Can you come look?"

After your dad had inspected your PC to find nothing out of the ordinary, you decided to take a break.

Maybe it was time you read a book or did some homework...

Nah.

You flopped on your bed and scrolled through your Twitter timeline, hoping to see the latest unwarranted drama.

It was always some stupid, petty drama between two influencers. He said this... she said that.

It was dumb and unimportant but entertaining nonetheless.

You had gotten a message from Max, your crush.

Immediately, your heart started fluttering as you quickly opened the message.

Max was your closest friend, and you had been developing a bit of a crush on him.

"Can I come over? My dad is pissing me off again." The text read.

You quickly replied with "Sure!"

You and Max met in middle school, the two of you became inseparable as you both bonded over music.

Then later a new student by the name Violet transferred. She was a bass player. The three of you composed music together, but later found it hard to continue doing so because of school and Max's job as a retail worker.

Evelyn soon joined the group. She was extremely popular, and hated all the attention. She tried to join inner circles like yours to avoid the attention.

You denied her request, all three of you having a deep hatred for the popular kids due to bullying you all experienced some point in your lives.

But soon, you gave in and she became close with all of you. Sometimes you regret not accepting her sooner.

Shortly after your text exchange with Max, the brunette boy arrived and you both were in your room, going through your records collection.

Your collection was wide, ranging from modern J-pop bands like AKB48 to BABYMETAL, and then all the way to classic pop music like The Beatles.

"This is my favorite album." Max said as you gazed at him dreamily.

He held Yellow Submarine in his hands, smiling down at the trippy illustrations of each Beatle.

"I like that album too. But, I think my favorite is..." You flipped through your records and pulled out Revolver.

"Revolver is weird as hell, though." Max laughed.

You shrugged your shoulders and said "Not compared to the White Album."

You both heard your computer acting up again, glitching and making odd, distorted sounds.

You both shot your heads towards it, as the screen had all kinds of bright colors flashing and glitching on your screen.

"Goddamn it, what is with this thing?" You said as you fumbled with your keyboard.

Max approached you as you frustratingly tried to fix your PC.

"That's super weird."

"Whose that?" Ena pointed to the brown haired, blue eyed boy wearing a loose, brown cardigan.

"That's Max. They're friends." Kanade said.

Ena hummed as the two girls watched you without your knowledge.

"I think she's the only hope we've got to help Mafuyu..." She sighed.

Ena looked at her band mate and friend, before saying "I still don't understand why. She isn't that special, and I don't see how she could help Mafuyu."

Kanade tilted her head as she watched you go back to your bedroom floor with your male friend.

"I don't know... there's just something about her."

Ena giggled and said "Are you sure you don't just have a crush on her?"

Kanade blushed and said "N-no... I just feel it in my gut that... that she's the one."