08

It was a Saturday night, and you were at the Dj Music Showing.

It was crowded, and you saw some familiar faces in the crowd like Nene.

Mafuyu was by your side as you both shuffled through the many people to get closer to the stage where Akito was walking up to begin the event.

His golden eyes scanned the crowd, looking for a specific face.

He perked up a bit when he saw you.

You smiled softly at him and it made him weak to his knees. He noticed you were wearing a black graphic tee with a trippy design on it, a short blue plaid skirt, and some leg and hand warmers.

All of which were borrowed from Kanade.

You waved at Akito and he waved back before announcing that the event would be starting with Rui and Emu.

He walked off stage as the two familiar musicians walked on, Rui setting everything up as Emu waved at the crowd and said "Wonderhoy, everyone!"

You thought it was cute that was her way of saying hello.

"Wonderhoy!" You yelled back, her eyes lighting up at your reciprocation.

Mafuyu smiled at your slight interaction with Emu as upbeat music began to play.

Emu's cheerful voice echoed through the microphone as she performed a remixed version of a Wonderland X Showtimes song "Alien Alien."

You and Mafuyu swayed a bit to her jaw dropping performance.

Mafuyu was genuinely having a good time, and you could tell. She seemed... actually happy.

There wasn't that faux smile on her face, rather a real one.

And she wanted to cry from the overwhelming emotions she felt that she had lacked for years.

Akito watched behind stage, both you and Mafuyu seemed to be having an amazing time. It really made him happy to see you indulge in your love for music.

Akito's performance was last. He wanted to save the best for last.

He didn't perform a song of VBS, instead, he was at an array of DJ mixers and controllers, free-styling a popular ASRUN song.

Your eyes sparkled in admiration as Akito was very skilled with a DJ mixer, unlike you who strictly used online softwares.

You grooved to the beats as everyone cheered him on, Mafuyu smiling up at the stage.

You danced with Mafuyu to the music, finally feeling a sense of happiness after all this time in another world.

After everyone's performance, you were approached by Rui, Tsukasa and Emu.

Emu embraced you tightly and you groaned in pain. How did this little girl have such a tight grip?!

"It's so good to see you, Y/n!" Emu said.

Rui waved at you as Mafuyu joined your side. "You guys did wonderful." You said.

Akito walked over to the group and smiled at you. "Including you, Akito." You said.

"I'm glad you came, Y/n." He flashed you a smile.

"Me too! It was awesome!" You exclaimed.

You lightly touched Akito's arm and said "I didn't know you were so good with that type of technology. I always use online softwares."

Your touch sent shivers down his spine and it just made him want you more. He was disappointed when he loss the touch of your palm as your eyes fell on Rui.

"Y/n, I had a question for you." He said.

"Yeah?" You asked as Mafuyu began to talk with Shizuku who she found in the crowd.

Rui beamed down at you happily. "Are you free this weekend?"

Your eyes widened a bit. "Is he asking me on a date?" You asked yourself.

"I think so... why?" You asked.

He tilted his head and said "I'd like to take you out."

Pink dusted your cheeks at Rui's proposal. "Really? Like a... date?"

Akito's heart plummeted to the bottom of his stomach as he felt sick at Rui already trying to swoop you off your feet like he was planning to do eventually after evaluating you and your habits, getting to know you, learning your schedule—

"Well, that's a bit psychotic." He admitted to himself.

Maybe there was an easier way to get you to like him. To make you his.

Clearly, Rui knew what he was doing if you were blushing like crazy around him and stuttering as you agreed to the date.

"Great! I'm so glad you agreed, Y/n. I'll see you Friday then. Or sooner if Emu drags you to our school again for lunch." You both laughed.

After meeting up with your friends, you walked Mafuyu home and waved her goodbye.

"Thank you for inviting me, Y/n. I had... I had a lot of fun." She gave you a genuine smile.

You smiled back. "I'm glad you did, Mafuyu. I did too. I hope we can hang out again."

There was a string of silence as Mafuyu stood before you, giving you an unknown look in her eyes. She looked like she was contemplating on doing something.

To your surprise, Mafuyu threw herself into your arms, embracing you tightly.

Your eyes widened as you were stunned for a second before gladly returning the hug.

She tried not to cry, but she wanted to so bad. She hadn't cried in months, she hadn't felt anything in years.

But being with you awoken something in her. Were you what was missing in her life?

After you had left, Mafuyu fell on to her bed and cried. She sobbed and sobbed. All those tears she had been unable to cry were all coming out now.

She wasn't crying because she was sad or upset, she was crying because she felt so overwhelmed that she felt actual true happiness.

It felt so good that she was overstimulated.

Everything in life was dull until that music showing. She had been to festivals and concerts before, and she still had felt nothing. But that one was special. She wondered why. Was it because of you?

She stood up and looked at her pillow that was wet from her tears. She finally stopped crying after an hour or so of constant sobs.

She looked out her window as the moon shined brightly into her bedroom and smiled.

"I can't wait to see you tomorrow, Y/n."