Chapter 20: Limit

*Bailey's POV*

Today marks two weeks since I opened up and showed Parker what I go through. From that moment, a bond was formed between us; I know she can feel it too. I haven't learned everything she had been through, but... I didn't have to know such details, at least not yet. Her words alone told me what I needed to know, that she understood my situation entirely. Each day that passes confirms the fact that we are getting closer. Parker has become an essential person in my life, and I've concluded that I hope she remains no matter what happens in the future.

We started texting each other a lot, and it made me happy to see her taking the time to talk to me. My favorite part is our messages at the beginning and end of each day. It always brings a smile to my face. It's so crazy how much I smile when I am around her. I swear Parker's superpower is getting rid of the bad things in my life... when I am with her, that's just it, I exist with her, and everything terrible I go through dissipates... and all that's left is a happier version of me. Maybe one day, I should tell her about her power. Yeah, I'd like that, and I think she would too.

As planned, when our class ends, I stay after, and we continue to get to know each other better. I explained to Parker my eating habits, or rather, my lack of one. Every time we are with each other, she makes sure to bring me food. I forgot how spending time with another person could be so enjoyable, even when we are silent, doing our own things. When I'm with Victoria, and she's quiet... I know to expect the worst. It's not like that with Parker; our company is enough; it's truly a safe place for me.

We learned so many things in the time we spent together, and my natural sarcastic side started showing itself. I'll never forget when I made a silly remark about something Parker said, and the way she smiled was absolutely amazing. I wonder how she will feel about me when I am not in need... I hope I can find out one day—

A loud thud pulled me from my thoughts and scared the shit out of me. Well, she's home. I got up and started getting myself ready for my classes; Victoria would be stomping in the room soon, and I didn't want a repeat of last night. A few hours ago, around three in the morning, she kicked me awake and forced herself on me with the new toy she got from Jewel. It was the most painful thing I had felt inside me in a long time, and the more I cried, the harder and rougher she would thrust.

When Victoria entered the shower, I knew it was safe to finally text Parker. The moment I saw her reply, I smiled. When she asked how I was, I told her the truth about what Victoria had done to me just mere hours ago. Her instant concern for my well-being warms my heart in ways I didn't know could still exist within me. I told her that I wasn't physically okay, but my mind was, and I mentioned that she makes things better for me. When I heard the shower faucet shut off, I knew I had to stop texting Parker, no matter how much I didn't want to.

Bailey: "I'm sorry, Parker; I might have to go in a few minutes before she comes back into the room."

Parker: "I understand; it's okay. You don't need to apologize for that."

Bailey: "Why are you so kind?"

Parker: "I was born that way."

I had to cover my mouth at her response because I would have literally laughed out loud. Good one, Professor Avery, lol.

Bailey: "Haha, touché."

Bailey: "I'll talk to you soon, Parker."

Parker: "Be safe, Bailey."

Once I safely put my phone in my pocket, I grabbed my bag, left the bedroom, and waited in the living room. While sitting on the couch, I hoped when Victoria saw me ready before her for a change; she wouldn't do anything else to harm me. I'll likely find out soon. As soon as I got comfortable, I felt my phone vibrate, which made me curious. I checked my surroundings before I read Parker's message, which asked if I had left yet. I told her we hadn't, and her following text caused my eyebrow to raise.